Cozumel Beach Day

CanHardlyWait

Ok, looking for stories / advice on Royal only shore excursions. Just want a place to sit on the beach, swim and snorkel. Not really interested if food or drink is included or extra (open to whatever on that). Not looking for long walks, tours, animals. Very much just want to take advantage of the beach and ocean. My main problem I see with them is how limited the times are. So many are only 3 hours. Few are 4 or 5 hours. Which would be best for my needs Vs price, quality, etc based on your past experience? Thanks in advance.

Forget Royal excursions & look at Nachi Cocum or Mr Sanchos.  Both are very reasonable taxi rides (plentiful just outside the port area) and have beautiful beaches.  Food and drinks are included.  Your time is only limited by what time you need to be back on the ship & they will call a taxi for you to get back. 

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

Forget Royal excursions & look at Nachi Cocum or Mr Sanchos.  Both are very reasonable taxi rides (plentiful just outside the port area) and have beautiful beaches.  Food and drinks are included.  Your time is only limited by what time you need to be back on the ship & they will call a taxi for you to get back. 

^^^^ This

33 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

for those of you who have been, about how long of a taxi ride is it to nachi cocum? it seems like the quietest of the beach clubs and that's totally our vibe.

I just read reviews of both places suggested above and that one has some really bad reviews that are recent. Reviews by people who have been in the past and say it has gone down hill recently. Just fyi.

Also, Mr Sanchos looks interesting (even though I specifically said Royal excursions only). Because I stress a lot about making it back to ship in time. I know there are plenty of taxis at port, but how plentiful are they out at Mr Sanchos for the return? (The stress part) And just how far is it?

11 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

I just read reviews of both places suggested above and that one has some really bad reviews that are recent. Reviews by people who have been in the past and say it has gone down hill recently. Just fyi.

Also, Mr Sanchos looks interesting (even though I specifically said Royal excursions only). Because I stress a lot about making it back to ship in time. I know there are plenty of taxis at port, but how plentiful are they out at Mr Sanchos for the return? (The stress part) And just how far is it?

Like everything else on planet earth on a post Covid world, things are not the same…. I would put little to no emphasis on the reviews. I do find that both Paradise beach and Nachi are more laid back than Mr Sanchos but I don’t really think you can go wrong at any of them. They are all pretty much located adjacent to one another so the drive time is the same. Also, I would not be concerned about taxi rides back as we have never once had an issue getting a taxi on the decade + we have been going to these beach clubs. Have fun. 

13 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Helpful. Something to think about. Is the one place really more party vibe then the other? Looking for calm and quiet. It's just Mr Sanchos had much better current reviews. Are there cabs waiting outside these places or does a call have to be made? Thanks.

Nachi is super cool.  NOT a party atmosphere like Sancho's.  Nice pool, restaurant, and loungers all over.  You are assigned a waiter upon arrival and he/she will take care of you the entire time (food, too).  I love it there.

2 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Helpful. Something to think about. Is the one place really more party vibe then the other? Looking for calm and quiet. It's just Mr Sanchos had much better current reviews. Are there cabs waiting outside these places or does a call have to be made? Thanks.

Nachi or Paradise beach club are both very relaxing. To be fair I’ve only been to Mr Sanchos a few times and every time I went it was a bit more of a party crowd. It could have very easily been coincidence. In any case, I would go to any of the three w/o hesitation.