Suite perks for linked guests?

MidwestIA

We have the 4 bedroom villa booked on the Liberty, 13 guests booked for this room. There are three other guests in our party but they are booked in a near-by interior stateroom. It’s my SIL’s husband and their teen sons. My MIL is adamant that RC will be allowing them to board with us when we all get to the port. They are Diamond and we have the same check-in time. I’ve done my best to set expectations regarding receiving suite perks as a non-suite guest (as in, they don’t get suite perks) to the entire family but I was wondering if anybody had any first hand experience with this? 

The boys will be on the ship quickly either way, I’m sure of it. It’s just my MIL that is in a state about our group not being together for everything. We fully plan on taking advantage of the rest of the suite perks we purchased either way, the boys are going to be fine lol

Edited by MidwestIA

There are no “linked” perks. They are still completely separate reservations. Linking allows you to check them in, make meal reservations and book excursions on their behalf. It will NOT give them boarding priority, suite lounge access, or any other perks that are attributed to booking a suite

We just did this with a Galveston trip, not with Liberty but with Grandeur. Same port folks. We had a suite but our friends did not. We were shown to the suite departure group but our friends were shown the regular staging area. You might be lucky if all of you go as a big group and they do not check every set sail pass but lately they have been checking everyone. Good luck

10 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

There are no “linked” perks. They are still completely separate reservations. Linking allows you to check them in, make meal reservations and book excursions on their behalf. It will NOT give them boarding priority, suite lounge access, or any other perks that are attributed to booking a suite

They have no expectation for getting any suite perks. I probably wasn’t clear, I was just talking about boarding. 

If they are Diamond, they will board  pretty early in the process even if not exactly with you.  And you can all just wait where the photographers are taking pictures for them so you all “board” together.  OR you can just wait with them and all board together.  I dont think you are looking at a huge time difference either way.

4 hours ago, Pooch said:

If they are Diamond, they will board  pretty early in the process even if not exactly with you.  And you can all just wait where the photographers are taking pictures for them so you all “board” together.  OR you can just wait with them and all board together.  I dont think you are looking at a huge time difference either way.

That is exactly what I was thinking we would do! Though, the teens aren't really keen on getting their pictures taken with any of us 🙂