3 night Indy of the seas @ avg $720-1k per guest? (Interior)

Evantra

Weekend prices for upcoming Indy cruises are nuts compared to the M-F 4-nighters.

Interior GTY for 4-nights can be had for under $500 per couple, taxes & fees included, during the GGG sales (we're doing one next month). I'd have booked more than one if our schedules allowed.

We wanted to do a B2B like we did in July but couldn't justify adding 3 nights at those prices even though we loved going to Cococay twice in the same week.

I noticed that some closed-in sailings increased instead of decreasing. I just booked a Nov Harmony on my current sailing. It was originally $1100 for a CP balcony a day before I started sailing and yesterday it was $1200 for an interior,  with the same "sale." Demand has gone up and so has pricing. 

Keep an eye on the Going, Going, Gone sale to get an idea of the timeframe when the prices drop for sailings.  This link gets updated weekly with the new flyer.  You will see none of the 3 nighters out of PC on that list.  There's high demand for those weekend cruises; they always seem to be more $$ than sailing out of Port Everglades or Port of Miami.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event_USD.pdf

18 hours ago, Evantra said:

Ah should've clarified this is September 2022 - Sailings : Sept 16, 23, 30

I understand supply and demand but jeez haha

Basically, you're booking at the last minute and there's little availability left.

It's why booking in advance is so important with cruises.

It's very similar to airfare. Booking a cruise less than a month before it sails is like booking a flight a couple days before the trip. You usually run into higher prices.

Compounding the problem is you're looking at 3-night weekend cruises, which almost everyone can book since it goes Friday to Monday. This means even families with kids in school can make these cruises work.  

Top demand + last minute = crazy prices.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Basically, you're booking at the last minute and there's little availability left.

It's why booking in advance is so important with cruises.

It's very similar to airfare. Booking a cruise less than a month before it sails is like booking a flight a couple days before the trip. You usually run into higher prices.

Compounding the problem is you're looking at 3-night weekend cruises, which almost everyone can book since it goes Friday to Monday. This means even families with kids in school can make these cruises work.  

Top demand + last minute = crazy prices.

Got it! Just haven't personally seen these figures in a few years of sailings, diff economics now and such.

I got a weekday 4 night coming up and my plan was to extend by possibly booking a weekender but def a no go.

1 hour ago, Evantra said:

Got it! Just haven't personally seen these figures in a few years of sailings, diff economics now and such.

I got a weekday 4 night coming up and my plan was to extend by possibly booking a weekender but def a no go.

Matt is generally correct, of course, but as mentioned in this thread, waiting is worth it for certain cruises (i.e. the 4-night Indy's from SEP-NOV 2022).

If you're flexible and able to go on last minute cruises, just keep an eye on prices and especially the GGG sale.

Regards of sales, we've found the cheapest cruises are between Thanksgiving and Christmas and after the holidays, from January to about mid Feb.

Just booked an 8 night that leaves the Sat after Thanksgiving. With travel agent loyalty perks and refundable OBC from RCI and our travel agent it comes to less than $100/night for the two of us in an ocean view cabin. Hey, it's a cheap getaway 😁

We also have a first week of Feb 7 night cruise booked for just over $100 night. Also ocean view which in both cases was only $25 more than an inside. We like insides but a window is nice for the price.

Those prices includes all fees and taxes but not transportation costs or parking. We are driving to Florida on both occasions.

2 hours ago, mac66 said:

Regards of sales, we've found the cheapest cruises are between Thanksgiving and Christmas and after the holidays, from January to about mid Feb.

Just booked an 8 night that leaves the Sat after Thanksgiving. With travel agent loyalty perks and refundable OBC from RCI and our travel agent it comes to less than $100/night for the two of us in an ocean view cabin. Hey, it's a cheap getaway 😁

We also have a first week of Feb 7 night cruise booked for just over $100 night. Also ocean view which in both cases was only $25 more than an inside. We like insides but a window is nice for the price.

Those prices includes all fees and taxes but not transportation costs or parking. We are driving to Florida on both occasions.

Love this! we also have the privilege/opportunity to sail during "off season" I was just looking at past sailings and those dec 4/5 cruises are usually great deals! hint hint