Port of Miami 10 Sep 2022

CruiseGus

Smoothest boarding ever to symphony. 

Walked right on to ship at 10:30, fastest ever. No passport to show since I uploaded it via scan.  No vac card, just verified the 3 questions were yes, yes, no.

Not even nearly the first cruisers on ship at 10:30. (We have one more planned from Miami in Nov, this time we planned to arrive at ~10am due to my wife's knee just being replaced. Next time I'll definately come earlier)

Beautiful ship, friendly crew.

1 hour ago, CruiseGus said:

Absolute mess today.

Worst Port I've ever sailed from based on traffic coming to terminal.

45 minutes out of tunnel and still not out of Uber

Blame that on the Uber driver as there is more then one way into the port that does not include the tunnel (the drivers app would show the traffic pattern). We went out of Miami last week (Friday traffic) and left our house in Fort Lauderdale at 10:30am and I was drinking a Red Stripe on the pool deck by 11:15am. 

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Blame that on the Uber driver as there is more then one way into the port that does not include the tunnel (the drivers app would show the traffic pattern). We went out of Miami last week (Friday traffic) and left our house in Fort Lauderdale at 10:30am and I was drinking a Red Stripe on the pool deck by 11:15am. 

Please suggest to me the better route and I'll tell my driver to take that next time.

25 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

Thank you, I'll have them do that in Nov when I sail on Oasis.

Coming out of the tunnel can be a cluster..especially if drivers aren't familiar. I know to stay far right to get down to Terminal A, so usually I can avoid the mess as everyone for other terminals is trying to merge left.

Never have that issue going over the bridge, but you have to be careful to not miss the turn to get over to the passenger terminals or it dumps you on the cargo side..then you'll end up staring at Oasis from the other side of the fence and have to backtrack 😂

Looking at the time stamp on your post you were stuck in the pick up mess still. It's gotten way better at Terminal A but there is about a 2 hour window where there's just so much traffic coming and going at Terminal A to get debarking passengers that you just sit and sit waiting to turn the final corner.

1 hour ago, Bowen said:

So you didn't have to show your vax card? You just checked that you were vaxxed and that was that?

Yup, only 3 health question now and they are Yes-No.  Are you vaxed.  Have you had your booster.  Are you more than 26 weeks pregnant. (Not exact wording, but you get the meaning)

No card asked for, did not even ask to see my passport.

• 4 weeks later...