Vax and Unvax Passengers together?

Yo2slick

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Unvaxxed are able to cruise now (cruises 10 days or less, I believe) but unvaxxed still must test.  Vaxxed no longer have to test unless the cruise is longer than 10 days.

I can live with that.  3 years has been far to long and I can't wait to go back.  

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Unvaxxed are able to cruise now (cruises 10 days or less, I believe) but unvaxxed still must test.  Vaxxed no longer have to test unless the cruise is longer than 10 days.

Or leaving from some international ports.  We have to test 48 hrs prior for leaving out of Italy next week.  But things are sure getting better all the time.

Just be careful to fully read the protocols it changes from region to ports even.

Hope you have a great cruise. 

Just a word of warning to unvaxxed that have not had covid yet.

There is a high risk of catching it on the ship. 

I speak from personal experience having done 2 seven night cruises.

Many people including all those that hadn't yet had covid in my party caught it. 

Just want to add, good or bad, don't expect people to test or even tell Royal that they have it. That's clearly not happening in many cases. 

18 hours ago, Morganno said:

Just want to add, good or bad, don't expect people to test or even tell Royal that they have it. That's clearly not happening in many cases. 

Covid has been onboard for quite some time, even with masking and the testing.  The strain in January  became more difficult to detect on rapid tests, with many people 3-4 days into their symptoms and still testing negative on a rapid test.  Then there are the asymptomatic people who are spreading it as well.  In all those months people needed to show test results, to Royal so it wasn’t “I’m going to hide it”.  Now with the newer protocol having taken effect last week,  I can imagine there will be some untruths. 

I sailed 12 cruises since the restart without getting Covid and on cruise #13, 2nd half of a B2B , I tested positive. 

6 hours ago, Jamie F said:

i know this is off topic, but could i change my son who was meant to be staying in my room to his grandparents room? Any response would be great

If it’s a full move out of your cabin to their cabin it would likely trigger a reprice on your cabin, as well as theirs.  If their cabin has a third bed -you could get an extra key for him on embarkation day and settle him in there.

a call to your travel agent  or if you booked through Royal call them, should answer the reprice cost and if the grandparents cabin has that third bed.

One other option, Assuming you are in a cabin that holds 3, you could switch a grandparent now with your son ….one of an original person on  reservation must always stay the same-there’s no cost for name changes-and when you get onboard get extra keys for each cabin, and just settle yourself/other grandparent  into whichever cabin you needed.  You will need to carry the 2 key cards if you are the person who moved out of your original cabin-original card for ordering drinks or purchases onboard and to exit/renter the ship and the duplicate key to get into the cabin you switched into 

10 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

Did you start showing symptoms on the cruise or randomly tested?  Thats crazy 13 cruises and you got it. 

I started with symptoms partway into my next cruise, went to medical and tested positive.  I called home to let my family know as some had disembarked the previous week, and one had symptoms and tested positive none of the other 4 family members contracted it.