Removing travel protection?

ElmoHongZito

Had an RCI rep tell me that I can call in and remove travel protection prior to sail date if I wanted to. So I called my credit card company and after finding out that I have pretty good trip cancellation coverage thru them I tried calling RCI again to remove the travel protection and the RCI rep that I connected with this time tells me that I cannot do that because final payment was already made. She supposably checked with “resolution team” after I told her to please make sure. Mind you that “final payment” was my only payment because I booked 3 months before sail date so the entire fair was due at booking. 

Do you think I should try to escalate? Is there an email I can send to someone? 

Making final payment definitely changes your ability to do certain things like repricing a cruise to save money. (If I recall, you can only get on board credit instead of a refund of any difference).  I would not be at all surprised if it locks certain choices like paying for travel protection.  Have you looked through the cruise contract to see if this is mentioned/explained?