Walk from Ship to transportation at Nassau

Tia

Hell again! I wonder if you book an excursion for Nassau, like the stingray experience or a cabana at Blue Lagoon, is there a golf cart type pick up at the ship or do you have to walk a very long walk to get picked up? I just watched a new youtube video of the port at Nassau and apparently it has changed and the walk looked to be extremely far. For me it is challenging to walk too far, so I was wondering if anyone knows. Thanks!

I'm not sure which ship you're on and where it will dock, but I was there in August on Oasis.  This shot shows an Oasis-class ship in port, and it's exactly where we tied up.  The red star shows where the tenders to take us to Blue Lagoon were.  It was less than the length of the (admittedly massive) ship.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 7.04.08 PM.png

1 hour ago, USCG Teacher said:

I'm not sure which ship you're on and where it will dock, but I was there in August on Oasis.  This shot shows an Oasis-class ship in port, and it's exactly where we tied up.  The red star shows where the tenders to take us to Blue Lagoon were.  It was less than the length of the (admittedly massive) ship.

Oh wow! Ok, so you don't have to walk out to the entry of the dock, the tender picks you up right there! Amazing! I thought we would have to walk all the way to the entry which looks unbearably far! We will be on Anthem! I was afraid that even if we book excursions we would have to walk the whole way. Thank you so much!!!

For excursions that use local transport, it was quite a walk from the far pier shown above. They had a few golf carts that indicated they were only for mobility issues. The application of "mobility issues" was pretty tight - only if you were in a wheelchair as I saw some folks who didn't "qualify" for the cart who had to stop and sit several times along the way. The distance walked is currently a little more than usual because of construction going on at the piers.

15 hours ago, Tia said:

Oh wow! Ok, so you don't have to walk out to the entry of the dock, the tender picks you up right there! Amazing! I thought we would have to walk all the way to the entry which looks unbearably far! We will be on Anthem! I was afraid that even if we book excursions we would have to walk the whole way. Thank you so much!!!

No worries!  I should add, this was booked through Royal and they checked for our tickets before letting us join the line.  If you book independently as @HeWhoWaits mentioned, I highly doubt they'd let you board there.  As an aside, our return tender dropped us off at exactly the same spot.

29 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

No worries!  I should add, this was booked through Royal and they checked for our tickets before letting us join the line.  If you book independently as @HeWhoWaits mentioned, I highly doubt they'd let you board there.  As an aside, our return tender dropped us off at exactly the same spot.

Your experience is based on taking a boat to Blue Lagoon.

We were booked through Royal on an excursion that used a bus. All of those excursions had to walk about 3/4 of a mile to get to the excursion pickup spot (and back afterward).

Oh boy, ok.. thanks for letting me know. That's what I was afraid of. If I book blue lagoon that is the only way to avoid it. But my mom who def can't walk that far wanted to take a taxi to Atlantis... they no longer offer the transfer there which is really a bummer. I am trying to get a wheelchair for us, I am on disability and my mom is older so there is no way we can do that walk. Thank you so much for the info. I'm glad I caught that youtube video and asked you guys here 🙂