xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - Jan 2, 2023 - Jan 13, 2023 (11 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise)

tz-0

First time doing a cruise in over 10 years, and my wife's first time ever being on a boat more than a couple hours!

Bit of a backstory - back in August 2019 we booked a cruise for May 2020 (on Oasis) and thought about it non-stop; I think we watched all of Matt's videos that were released up to that point! But then of course the pandemic hit and for a variety of reasons we couldn't go until now.

Was on the fence about the decision after booking, but watching Matt's videos brought back the hype!

Anyone else going on this trip or did a similar past booking?

My sisters and our husbands are going on this cruise.  We have all cruised, but never together.  Really looking forward to getting away again.  We normally go to FL so this is the first time traveling to NJ to leave in the cold.  Although, the boat has lots of inside areas, I am wondering how soon before we get to warmth.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 11:59 PM, tz-0 said:

First time doing a cruise in over 10 years, and my wife's first time ever being on a boat more than a couple hours!

Bit of a backstory - back in August 2019 we booked a cruise for May 2020 (on Oasis) and thought about it non-stop; I think we watched all of Matt's videos that were released up to that point! But then of course the pandemic hit and for a variety of reasons we couldn't go until now.

Was on the fence about the decision after booking, but watching Matt's videos brought back the hype!

Anyone else going on this trip or did a similar past booking?

We did this when it was a 12 night, back in 2019. We're want to do it again, just waiting for vacation time approval. Our TA has it on hold for us - we wanted the same JR Suite we had then - and we have ALOT of FCC to use up - July 2020, March 2021, Jan 2022 (this same itinerary), and B2B's in August

On 9/10/2022 at 1:54 PM, mcsolli said:

My sisters and our husbands are going on this cruise.  We have all cruised, but never together.  Really looking forward to getting away again.  We normally go to FL so this is the first time traveling to NJ to leave in the cold.  Although, the boat has lots of inside areas, I am wondering how soon before we get to warmth.  

It gets warm enough to be outside by Day 3 - in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We've been planning this trip for over a year and have been looking forward to it everyday.  I heard about the blog groups and wanted to reach out to everyone here.  We live in the DC area and will also be driving up to NJ departure port.  I can only hope that the weather cooperates and we don't have snow covered roads. I've been watching a lot of videos on Youtube and find "Life well cruised" a good source of information.  

I hope that we all can meet up and/or chat about our experiences.  🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - Jan 2, 2023 - Jan 13, 2023 (11 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise)