Galveston Embarkation/Disembarkation question

AandD

This is our first time out of Galveston. We have cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami a number of times. Miami was really fast coming and going in May. We have a 10:30 arrival time. Not in a hurry to board but are they going by arrival time ? Or is boarding fast enough that its not a problem ? Coming back we have to catch a ride at 9:15. We dont mind carrying our own luggage off but how is customs ? Thanks

We just cruised from Galveston on 8/28 to 9/4. 

There were separate lines for the different check in times.  We had 1030 and had show the time on our set sail passes when we entered.  We had to sit in the waiting area for less than 10 minutes after checking in before we boarded. 

With such an early check in time, there was some overlap and confusion with people disembarking, however there were Royal workers who directed people.

We had nothing to declare, so customs/immigration was very simple.  Facial recognition is in use and we barely slowed down when passing through. 

We walked off with our bags at 8 and were early for our 9 am shuttle.  

Well, I will be the outlier on this one. This is our 5th post covid. We are currently on Liberty, boarded last Sunday, the ship is at capacity and there were no individual lines for arrival times. In fact, we went through the same line as everyone else for security even though we had a suite. Normally there has been a separate suite entrance when we sail out of Florida but showing our card what we got was entry into the mass of people ahead of the line that was slowly joining the mass. This isn't our first out of Galveston but is the first since April 2019.

3 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

Well, I will be the outlier on this one. This is our 5th post covid. We are currently on Liberty, boarded last Sunday, the ship is at capacity and there were no individual lines for arrival times. In fact, we went through the same line as everyone else for security even though we had a suite. Normally there has been a separate suite entrance when we sail out of Florida but showing our card what we got was entry into the mass of people ahead of the line that was slowly joining the mass. This isn't our first out of Galveston but is the first since April 2019.

Wow! I would not be happy about this either. Every time we have gone there have been individual lines from Emerald on up. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to have earned or paid for perks and miss out on the very first one.

Once the new terminal opens in November, I expect a very different experience than it is today.

I sail from Galveston frequently and find it hit or miss.  They do enforce boarding times. I've never sailed in a suite, so I can't comment on the suite check in times.

Most times it is pretty quick to get checked in though.