Any unvaccinated post Sept 5 cruisers want to update?

Bowen

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth at this point, my husband and I just finished HoTS 7-night Eastern Caribbean out of Port Canaveral.  We haven't cruised since February 2020 and are both unvaxxed.  I'll be honest, we were very leery of taking this trip, but couldn't move our Future Cruise Credits any further forward.  We both tested at home using a home antigen test kit.  We had photos of the negative results on our phones when we arrived at the port.  Everything thing was normal (i.e. pre-covid) all the way through security check-in.  When we arrived upstairs at the check-in desk, we were both asked to confirm that we were unvaxxed and unboostered.  We were then asked to show our negative test results.  We showed the photos of the negative results on our phone, and that was it.  From that point on, covid or vax status did not come up for the rest of the trip.  We were so relieved and had an awesome trip!  Hope that helps!

Got off Liberty of the Seas in Galveston on this past Sunday.  My family of 4 is vaccinated, the family of 4 traveling with us had 2 unvaccinated children.  Not a single one of us was asked to show our vaccine cards or the pictures of the negative tests for our friend’s kids.  When we were checking in I even asked the gentleman taking our pictures about the vaccine cards.  He said, “nope we don’t need to see them anymore, in fact we don’t even ask”.  I was shocked, but hey it got us on board 20 seconds quicker.  Maybe it’s a Galveston thing?

It felt like pre-Covid days.  On the second day of our cruise they dropped the crew mask mandate.  A few were still wearing them, but as the week went on I’d say the majority of them threw them away for good.  

Directly from Royal:

US HOMEPORT

• It is recommended that guests are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, if they are eligible.
  • While vaccination documents will not be required to board, we will ask that guests disclose their vaccination status to us prior to boarding (via the app, on our website, or at the terminal). We recommend they bring their vaccination documents with them, as local authorities or businesses in some destinations require it for entrance.

Testing Requirements

North American* + Caribbean Homeports Testing

Applies to US*, Puerto Rico, Canada and Barbados homeports

*excludes sailings that touch Bermuda

• Guests age 12 and older who are not vaccinated will need to take a test within 3 days of testing regardless of length of the sailing.
  • Guests age 12 and older who are vaccinated do not need to test on sailings of 9 nights or less. They will need to test within 3 days of sailing for cruises 10N and longer.
  • Guests under 12 do not have testing requirements.

This past week's check in for our Galveston cruise we did not even go to the normal desk! The folks had tablets in the queue line that they used to scan our set sail pass, verified that we had answered all the health questions, asked if anything changed and then let us continue to the holding area. Was not asked a single question about vaccine or status. Spent all of 30 seconds at check in and were already onboard right at 10:30 arrival time! Was the easiest check in we have ever had and the disembarkation had facial recognition and we barely even slowed down there. Things have gotten much easier. Make sure you have filled in all items on the app and website and have a great trip.

On 10/13/2022 at 12:20 PM, OctoberDawn said:

For what it's worth at this point, my husband and I just finished HoTS 7-night Eastern Caribbean out of Port Canaveral.  We haven't cruised since February 2020 and are both unvaxxed.  I'll be honest, we were very leery of taking this trip, but couldn't move our Future Cruise Credits any further forward.  We both tested at home using a home antigen test kit.  We had photos of the negative results on our phones when we arrived at the port.  Everything thing was normal (i.e. pre-covid) all the way through security check-in.  When we arrived upstairs at the check-in desk, we were both asked to confirm that we were unvaxxed and unboostered.  We were then asked to show our negative test results.  We showed the photos of the negative results on our phone, and that was it.  From that point on, covid or vax status did not come up for the rest of the trip.  We were so relieved and had an awesome trip!  Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for this information.  So happy to hear that everything worked as it should for you.  Congratulations for sticking it out and remaining unvaxxed.  🥰🥰

When I checked in at the port in Southampton, I only had to show a negative antigen test result that I competed 2 days before at home. I was not asked to show any vaccination status.

However, when looking at the RC daily planner app on board, I saw this caption for the Music Hall !!!

0F530B93-228C-45F7-9BBB-2BEAE210A772.jpeg

10 hours ago, J-9 said:

When I checked in at the port in Southampton, I only had to show a negative antigen test result that I competed 2 days before at home. I was not asked to show any vaccination status.

However, when looking at the RC daily planner app on board, I saw this caption for the Music Hall !!!

0F530B93-228C-45F7-9BBB-2BEAE210A772.jpeg

wow. it was my understanding that there was no separation between vaxxed/unvaxxed these days on RCCL but i am wondering if that varies on certain sailings if they are not US-based (you mentioned southampton, so i'm thinking international) -- of course i understand that the rules can change without much warning from the cruise line.

i did hear that there was a sailing across the pond where all passengers were told they must wear masks in common areas today. i'll try to find the you tube i had watched that referenced this, since it was surprising -- although as we go into flu/cold season, i wondered if perhaps we wouldn't see more of this trend.

ETA: here is the youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9IAYwqfJxs

i don't have an issue masking (and prefer to in heavily trafficked areas anyway) but i know that not all are comfortable masking so it will be interesting to see if this trend continues.

11 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

i did hear that there was a sailing across the pond where all passengers were told they must wear masks in common areas today. i'll try to find the you tube i had watched that referenced this, since it was surprising -- although as we go into flu/cold season, i wondered if perhaps we wouldn't see more of this trend.

i don't have an issue masking (and prefer to in heavily trafficked areas anyway) but i know that not all are comfortable masking so it will be interesting to see if this trend continues.

Geez.  I’ll keep carrying comfortable masks in my bag.  Royal still puts 2 wrapped surgical style masks in the cabin (per person) but I hear they are scratchy and uncomfortable.