What Celebrity Class to pick if Freedom is favorite RCI Class?

CrimsonCruiser

Hi.

Now that we've hit diamond, we're finally thinking about looking into Celebrity since we'd get matching level to their Elite status and I wanted to know, what class(es) of Celebrity ship should we look at if Freedom Class on Royal is our favorite class?

What we primarily like about Freedom Class

• the Royal Promenade
  • the theme parties
  • the overall vibe balanced between not too calm and not too bustling
  • the size and number of passengers

44 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Hi.

Now that we've hit diamond, we're finally thinking about looking into Celebrity since we'd get matching level to their Elite status and I wanted to know, what class(es) of Celebrity ship should we look at if Freedom Class on Royal is our favorite class?

What we primarily like about Freedom Class

• the Royal Promenade
  • the theme parties
  • the overall vibe balanced between not too calm and not too bustling
  • the size and number of passengers

You should pick a solstice class or edge class ship. The millennium class is going to feel too small for you. I would go with the Edge class which is the newest class. It holds about 2900 people and has their best activities and entertainment and most food choices too. However, if you find a good deal on a solstice class ship I would say go for it too. 

The Equinox is/was a good ship. Been on it a number of times. The last time this past April but was not impressed this time.   Haven't tried the Edge class, not sure the added cost is worth it, but that's just me. Did two cruises on the Summit this year as well. Not impressed either time but they had the itinerary we were looking for. Based on those three cruises I will say that I believe Celebrity is neglecting some of the lower class ships in favor of the Edge class so there's that.

On 9/6/2022 at 12:27 PM, AGSLC5 said:

You should pick a solstice class or edge class ship. The millennium class is going to feel too small for you. I would go with the Edge class which is the newest class. It holds about 2900 people and has their best activities and entertainment and most food choices too. However, if you find a good deal on a solstice class ship I would say go for it too. 

18 hours ago, mac66 said:

The Equinox is/was a good ship. Been on it a number of times. The last time this past April but was not impressed this time.   Haven't tried the Edge class, not sure the added cost is worth it, but that's just me. Did two cruises on the Summit this year as well. Not impressed either time but they had the itinerary we were looking for. Based on those three cruises I will say that I believe Celebrity is neglecting some of the lower class ships in favor of the Edge class so there's that.

Sounds like while Solstice class might be nice, I would be better off giving Edge a try for my first Celebrity experience.

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Sounds like while Solstice class might be nice, I would be better off giving Edge a try for my first Celebrity experience.

Yes I would definitely go with Edge class for your first time. Its the newest best experience and you will know for sure if you like celebrity or not.