Table size at Izumi Hibachi on Wonder of the Seas

Brandis

Link all cruise reservations in the cruise planner, then make an Izumi reservation for everyone. Once you get onboard, have them cancel that reservation and rebook using your dining package immediately. That other reservation will then be refunded to you as a refundable onboard credit. This is the best way to guarantee you will all be seated together. Izumi is very popular and often sells out before you even step one foot on the ship. 

2 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

Link all cruise reservations in the cruise planner, then make an Izumi reservation for everyone. Once you get onboard, have them cancel that reservation and rebook using your dining package immediately. That other reservation will then be refunded to you as a refundable onboard credit. This is the best way to guarantee you will all be seated together. Izumi is very popular and often sells out before you even step one foot on the ship. 

Thanks, just tried to do that, but for one party, I always get the error message: "Unfortunately, these reservations may not be combined to create a single reservation. Please proceed to make separate reservations for each party." I've had this message before when I tried to add this party to a reservation. Any idea what this means?

Just why can't anything IT-related be easy with Royal Caribbean?

I read in an older post, that there seems to be a gap in booking times between 6 and 9 PM, which I've never seen available online are held back for on board reservations. 

Also all of the 15 days we are aboard still have 5:00, 5:30 as well asl 9:00 and 9:30 times still available, so not sure how much they are sold out already. 

That is so odd that you are getting that error message. I have multiple linked cruise reservations where I’m able to make dinner reservations for everyone at once. I’ve never once encountered any issues with doing that.

My cruises show the same availability times with nothing between 5:30 - 9:00pm for Izumi. I don’t know what that’s all about, but I know it’s not because it’s all booked up. It showed like that the very first day dining reservations popped up in my cruise planner. 

23 hours ago, Brandis said:

I always get the error message: "Unfortunately, these reservations may not be combined to create a single reservation. Please proceed to make separate reservations for each party." I've had this message before when I tried to add this party to a reservation.

Did you all book together through the same group or TA or is it all separate reservations?  Sometimes a reservation that's booked in part of a group won't play nicely with other reservations not within the same group booking.

On 9/6/2022 at 3:21 PM, Brandis said:

We all have the 5 nights dining package, so I can‘t do the reservations ahead of time, but since we‘re on the short cruise before the TA, I‘ll try do get the reservations done the day before turnover, if that‘s possible.

Highly suggest you go and talk to Izumi in person on your first cruise to inquire about this so they will let you know the best way to approach it on turnaround day to make sure they secure a time for you. They usually are holding back those middle timeslots that don't appear on the site but you may be competing with the Concierges and Genies who will be making reservations for suite guests so you'll want to try and get it set up as early as you can! They will also offer hibachi during lunch, so that might be something you want to consider since you'll have lots of sea days!

Yes, all with the same travel agent. But this being the 3rd booked cruise after having had 2 cancelled with FCCs, the rebooking process and the distribution of the FCCs were a bit strange, so I don't really know what happened in the background.

At least I could book everyone on the same date and seating with the Izumi package and I will for sure check them out on the first cruise about how to make sure we all can sit at the same table.