Pillow Menu

JNS123

Uhm...I never asked for a pillow menu and as far I know there isn't one (been in grand suites on all 5 of my cruises). The pillows are softer than I generally like but are nice. They aren't the type that fully deflate when you put your head on them. A good marshmallow consistency I'd say

I've also never seen the legendary "pillow menu" even on all of the Star Class cruises we've been on.....but I think it's possible to request a choice of pillow types.  We just never think to do that....whatever they provide is always fine with us.  Maybe I will try and remember to see if the pillow menu really exists !  

1 hour ago, JNS123 said:

So would it be possible to request a memory foam pillow? My wife can't sleep without one, and it would take a lot of space to pack a pillow. 

I echo might be better to just bring one. You can try one of those space bags to get it flatter so it doesn't take up much space in the suitcase - or carry it by hand as her flight pillow

There is a pillow menu - there was one in our room on Anthem just a few weeks ago (Star Class). It was a little note laying on the pillows (which I ended up shoving into the nightstand drawer and forgetting about). I don't remember the options, but I think it was 3 or 4 choices. I've never actually requested/asked for anything specific as I usually am okay with whatever pillows are already there in the room. 

apparently the one i have by malouf is not available anymore by amazon, but this one looks comparable: https://www.amazon.com/ALKAMTO-Travel-Camping-Comfortable-Memory/dp/B097QGJC2Q/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3L8EU5NPCB6K0&keywords=travel+memory+foam+pillow&qid=1662497469&sprefix=travel+memory+foam+pillow%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-6

i travel with this in my carry on as it smooshes pretty flat and serves as an extra protection for my laptop. if i need to, i can put on top of an existing (overly soft) pillow or just sleep alone with this. highly recommend.

personal travel hack -carry an extra pillow case with you but don't put it on until you arrive at your destination -- this way you can sleep on a clean case rather than whatever gets exposed to the elements during travel. 😊

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2022 at 7:42 AM, CrimsonCruiser said:

Uhm...I never asked for a pillow menu and as far I know there isn't one (been in grand suites on all 5 of my cruises). The pillows are softer than I generally like but are nice. They aren't the type that fully deflate when you put your head on them. A good marshmallow consistency I'd say

I will have number 4 please.  Your S'mores pillow.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the pillow way to soft and asked if they had something a little firmer as I'm use to a memory foam pillow. The room attendant was came thru. I think he may have jammed two pillows in one pillow case but whatever he did worked and did the trick. Wasn't sure if they thought I was crazy when I asked but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. 

On 11/23/2022 at 7:28 PM, Chris Fish said:

I found the pillow way to soft and asked if they had something a little firmer as I'm use to a memory foam pillow. The room attendant was came thru. I think he may have jammed two pillows in one pillow case but whatever he did worked and did the trick. Wasn't sure if they thought I was crazy when I asked but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. 

This is good to know because I'm also an extra firm pillow user and while I've made do with Royal's  it's still... making do

• 2 weeks later...

After finally going on our first cruise, I can say that the pillow menu partially existed (at least for us). We got our concierge email so we requested for the pillow options and they did indeed have 4 sections of pillows, one of them being Isotonic pillows(I don't remember what the other ones where).  However we did not see any type of physical menu in the room. But that was fine for us since the pillows where in the room when we arrived. 

• 6 months later...