Can I order off-menu items at Chops Grille or 150 Central Park

Eugene Pierce

This a YMMV, but unless you are Sky/Star class, I would say no.

I have only heard of them accommodating MDR items at specialty restaurants for star class guest and occasionally guest who eat at Coastal Kitchen which is a suite guest restaurant. You best bet is to try to eat them in the MDR and then have another dinner at the specialty restaurants. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jeffporfirio said:

I probably should have asked here instead of the general forum.

We are cruising with our little one diagnosed with ASD, would you say I have zero chances of getting his usual chicken strip and fries at a specialty restaurant?

Thanks!

Chicken fingers and fries are available on the kids menu at most, if not all, specialty restaurants.

19 hours ago, jeffporfirio said:

I probably should have asked here instead of the general forum.

We are cruising with our little one diagnosed with ASD, would you say I have zero chances of getting his usual chicken strip and fries at a specialty restaurant?

Thanks!

As @CGTLH said, almost all of the specialty restaurants should have chicken fingers & fries. If you're worried that one may not (Izumi maybe?), stopping in the day before and letting the staff know your request would almost certainly guarantee that they could accommodate you.  Those items are found all over the ship, and the staff is always willing to help out when able to!

On the Indy, our waiter at Chops said they'd get French onion soup and Escargot for us.  But that was for a future visit, not on that night that we were already there.  We thought it inconsiderate to make the waiter run to the MDR to get us those items.  I'm sure he would have done it if we pushed for it.