Can I Mexican Citizen/Permanent U.S. resident get off ship with Green Card?

bryresangel

Happy Labor Day,

My father in law is a permanent U.S. resident who has retained his Mexican citizenship. From what I have read from doing a search, he should be able to board closed-loop cruise using just his Green Card and his other documentation. I don't think he would be able to disembark in Honduras or Belize. However, since he is actually a citizen of Mexico, does anyone know if he would be able to get on and off the ship in Mexico? It would seem odd if he needed a Mexican passport to get off the ship, but I'm a little worried about getting back on the ship. For the record, he doesn't have a passport and probably won't have one by the time we sail. 

I plan on asking our TA, but wanted to see if anyone had actually tried this before and what the result was. Thanks!

23 hours ago, bryresangel said:

I don't think he would be able to disembark in Honduras or Belize

Please be aware that if he does not have the required documentation to debark at all the stops on the cruise itinerary he may not be allowed to board at all. I have personally witnessed it happen and it is not a happy sight.

Call Royal.

What really matters is citizenship, so according to RC FAQ:

For US Sailings: Non-US Citizens will require a passport and the necessary visa for entry into the United States. On Transatlantic and Transpacific sailings European and Chinese guests will require ESTA (Europe) and EVUS (China).

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/mex/es/faq/questions/non-united-states-citizen-travel-documentation

He needs a Mexican passport, not only his green card.