Aruba: Options for eagle beach or palm beach

tonyfsu21

Anyone just hop in a cab and take it to the beach for the day to avoid time restrictions set by tours in Aruba? If so, where exactly do you go (public beach resort pass)? We will be looking for a family friendly beach that is not DePalm Island which we tried once and it was way too much of a tourist trap & not for us. Thanks in advance. 

30 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Anyone just hop in a cab and take it to the beach for the day to avoid time restrictions set by tours in Aruba? If so, where exactly do you go (public beach resort pass)? We will be looking for a family friendly beach that is not DePalm Island which we tried once and it was way too much of a tourist trap & not for us. Thanks in advance. 

My wife and I went to the Moomba Beach Bar & Restaurant at Palm Beach back in April. Good food, good drinks, loungers and shade. Took a taxi to and from the port. 😎

On 9/5/2022 at 11:44 AM, rjac said:

My wife and I went to the Moomba Beach Bar & Restaurant at Palm Beach back in April. Good food, good drinks, loungers and shade. Took a taxi to and from the port. 😎

Is this basically a bar/restaurant on the public beach? If you just tell the cab driver “eagle beach” is this where they would drop you off? I am trying to find the best place to hang out with the family for the day whether that be the public beach or some kind of resort pass. 

15 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Is this basically a bar/restaurant on the public beach? If you just tell the cab driver “eagle beach” is this where they would drop you off? I am trying to find the best place to hang out with the family for the day whether that be the public beach or some kind of resort pass. 

MooMba is at Palm Beach actually. If you tell them MooMba at Palm Beach they'll be able to drop you off pretty close to there. 

I spent a week in Aruba on a land trip, so we didn't spend much time at any resorts but we did go around to a lot of different beaches. All beaches in Aruba are public beaches, so basically you're going to be paying for umbrellas and chairs if you can't bring your own.   

The Palm Beach area had a lot more hotel resorts and beachfront restaurants and the like while Eagle Beach was a lot more condo style resorts.  

I've heard a lot of folks talk about RIU at Palm Beach as an all inclusive. Not sure what exactly you are looking for with respect to your beach experience, though.

I would research RIU Family Aruba Resortforaday.com but maybe they sell the passes without going through "resorts" Just hop in the cab and they bring you to the front steps. We have returned 2X now, the taxi brings you there and it's all inclusive, really decent food & drinks par for something like this. The beach had loungers and little hut type umbrellas things and the pool was amazing. The music and staff were very engaging. I believe the towels were also included, lounge chairs all around the massive pool. It's located on a "boardwalk" type situation so you can walk to other resorts on that beach. You have a wristband and a security person is perched at the entrance between the beach and pool to keep out those who are not paying guests. Very soon we will try the adult side as well, just an enjoyable day. When you wish return to the hotel front desk and they will call you a cab to go back to the ship. 

Most important I believe it's on Palm Beach