NextCruise deal , even after your cruise??

CALFROM

I seem to recall someone posting a month or two ago that you had a certain amount of days (maybe 30??) after your cruise to still utilize next cruise deals if you didn’t book onboard.  I can’t find that post.  I just returned from our last cruise .  If that is the case, how do we do so?  

maybe this was a limited time deal and no longer available?

any feedback is appreciated.

On Anthem early this year we went to NextCruise but the itineraries we wanted weren’t available yet.  They offered a voucher ( or certificate, forget what is was exactly called) that I believe honored the $100 deposit per cabin that you can get while booking onboard and it also guaranteed the same OBC. Pretty sure we had 60 days to use it.

I wish I was more confident in the specifics but the important part to me was that you could still get some of the benefits of NextCruise even after you disembarked.

36 minutes ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

On Anthem early this year we went to NextCruise but the itineraries we wanted weren’t available yet.  They offered a voucher ( or certificate, forget what is was exactly called) that I believe honored the $100 deposit per cabin that you can get while booking onboard and it also guaranteed the same OBC. Pretty sure we had 60 days to use it.

I wish I was more confident in the specifics but the important part to me was that you could still get some of the benefits of NextCruise even after you disembarked.

You have to convert it to a specific sailing within one year of purchase. If you don't do so within that time you lose it your money.

The 60 days you're remembering is to qualify for the OBC. You lose the OBC if you go beyond the 60 days before choosing a specific sailing.

The vouchers are assigned to the travel agent you used to book the cruise you were on when you purchased it and you need to contact that agent to convert it to your chosen sailing, so if you don't want to use the same TA you need to tell the Next Cruise agent at the time of purchase. 

8 hours ago, Linda R said:

I have a copy of this paper and it says you need to pick your cruise "within 2 months".  You pay deposit at next cruise. onboard ship.

For a Future Cruise Certificate to get any NextCruise OBC you have to pick a ship and sail date within 60 days.  If you wait until day 70 for example, you won't get any OBC.  At that point you'll get get a cruise booking with a reduced deposit.  

You have a year to convert a Future Cruise Certificate, after that it expires and becomes worthless.

However that is not what the OP was asking about.  The "Welcome Home" promo ended on Aug. 31, 2022.  

"Welcome Home" worked like going to NextCruise and picking a ship and sail date but from the comfort of home after a cruise (within 30 days).  It offered NextCruise like OBC.  It was a trial program so we'll have to see if it was successful enough for Royal to offer the program again.  

10 hours ago, twangster said:

"Welcome Home" ...... It was a trial program so we'll have to see if it was successful enough for Royal to offer the program again.  

I start to want a cruise again just after I get home from one, so this could be an even more dangerous program for myself if the reinstate it.

On 9/4/2022 at 3:40 PM, FionaMG said:

The vouchers are assigned to the travel agent you used to book the cruise you were on when you purchased it

I'm glad to see this posted.  I know you can get some better deals if you book a cruise while onboard but I also wanted to use my TA to handle everything.  I have cruises coming up in October and next June so I'll definitely be checking into this!