Halloween on board

Adriana

Good afternoon! I will be sailing on Anthem over Halloween. Has anyone sailed during during Halloween or know what to expect? Do people dress up (if so; some, half & half, most)? Any special events? Should I bring treats (no tricks) for crew or any trick or treaters running around (I know, not likely)? Would you recommend MDR or specialty dining for that day (solo cruiser)? Thank you! 

1 hour ago, barjpoe said:

Candy is always welcomed

Costumes - some, most, half 'n half; your choice. If you have room and a special costume, bring it. They have done costume parades in the evening.

Cool beans, thank you! I do not have a costume in mind, but may get one just in case and def will bring along some of the good chocolates! Well, “good” in my mind, my faves like Twix, Reese’s, etc! 

I have sailed over Halloween , but pre-pandemic.  They had a costume contest in one of the venues.  Was super fun to watch.  We had not thought of bringing costumes. There were many decorations around the ship.  Carved pumpkins, spider webs,  special drinks, etc.  Not many kids as they were mostly in school then.  If I were to go again over Halloween I would bring a costume.  Something easy.  Enjoy!

12 hours ago, Linda R said:

I have sailed over Halloween , but pre-pandemic.  They had a costume contest in one of the venues.  Was super fun to watch.  We had not thought of bringing costumes. There were many decorations around the ship.  Carved pumpkins, spider webs,  special drinks, etc.  Not many kids as they were mostly in school then.  If I were to go again over Halloween I would bring a costume.  Something easy.  Enjoy!

Thank you!! I did not even think of decorations! Maybe I will pick up a few from Dollar Tree for the door. I need to think of a simple costume! 

I've done Halloween on Harmony of the Seas in 2018 and on Spectrum in 2019. On both, they had decorations, carved pumpkins and a huge selection of scary cakes at the buffet. Really amazing stuff. On Harmony, they also set up Haunted House in Boleros, which was small but still fun to go through. 

Spectrum was a cruise to Japan from Shanghai and about 80% of the passengers were Chinese. They seemed to disappear from the public areas by 8 or 9 PM, no idea if they went to bed or what. Anyways, this left the rest of the international passengers, some of which wore costumes, they did some kind of Halloween Show and costume contest at 270 with an amazing Halloween themed backdrop projection.

Next will be on Wonder of the Seas which leaves on a transatlantic crossing on Oct. 30 from Barcelona, so I'll bring a costume this time and hope it will be as much fun as the previous times.

I sailed Allure Halloween of 2021, which was a couple of months into the restart. The ship was decorated, and I think they had a Halloween theme bashed with treats instead of the full out party on the promenade. I was wearing a black dress and had a witch's hat as my costume. Since we boarded on Halloween, I only saw a few people dressed up. I think this year most ships will be all out.

On 9/4/2022 at 2:51 PM, Adriana said:

Good afternoon! I will be sailing on Anthem over Halloween. Has anyone sailed during during Halloween or know what to expect? Do people dress up (if so; some, half & half, most)? Any special events? Should I bring treats (no tricks) for crew or any trick or treaters running around (I know, not likely)? Would you recommend MDR or specialty dining for that day (solo cruiser)? Thank you! 

Please let us know how it goes!!!  I saw a video of I believe Anthem on Halloween a few years ago an they had costume contests and a haunted "house" where you can walk through. I'd love this. My next cruise ends before Halloween, but I'm going to decorate my room anyway. I love this time of year. 

We did Liberty OTS this past Halloween and there were many that dressed up plus they had a "gathering" in the Star Lounge and prizes for the best costume. I was the one who roamed the ship all day in a big T-Rex mask with drinking straw (had to have my 5 D+ drinks) and everyone had a blast. Also did the Christmas cruise last year where I did my best impression of the Elf on the Shelf (complete with costume) and posed all over the ship. Brought many a smile and laugh and we all had a blast.

image.jpeg.e12971aac0f8439ed87f6601fe4aff04.jpegimage.jpeg.3eabfa1a4abd3cf80cba2d84c58564dd.jpeg

A group of 5 of us will be on Anthem of the Sea leaving Oct 29 so I assume the same cruise with you. Not plan yet for costume but I will have to find something for my 10 years old. This will be our first Halloween cruise as well. We went on Thanksgiving cruise before but not Halloween. 

We ate at specialty restaurant before on Symphony OTS they are all good but to fit Halloween theme I think Wonderland will most likely fit Halloween theme. We got 3 night dinning packages but not sure we will go to Wonderland though because I am not sure my in law like Wonderland.

Did Halloween some time ago on Radiance out of Tampa.  Grownup Halloween party on the pool deck complete with costume contest.  Teen club did a haunted house for the Adventure Ocean crew.  Adventure Ocean crew trick-o-treated in the shops and other venues with the staff.  Halloween themed photos with kids and with grownups.  

It was a lot of fun for the whole family.