Age of children in own cabin

First time RC cruising.  Multiple families going to Alaska July 2023.  My own personal family is my husband and I, and our two children who will be 19 and 16 at the time of the sailing.  I wasn't able to book parents in own cabin/kids in own cabin online.  So I ended up booking one parent/one child in two different cabins.  We were not able to get connecting cabins as we are a tad late in getting close cabins, tho we are all on the same floor and same side of the ship, deck 7 on Radiance of the Seas. 

Am I able to call in and have them switch an adult and child around so the kids get their own cabin and the adults get their own cabin?  Is this frowned upon?  Can we switch people and cabins once on board or is this really frowned upon too?  I understand that our key cards may be a bit mixed up and we'll have to juggle them around when we get off the ship for identification purposes (which is ok, we'll be getting off and on together anyway). 

TIA!!! These boards have been so helpful!!!

I know this may not be too helpful at this point, but for future bookings, if you cannot get actual connecting cabins for the kids, Royal will allow you to book the kids in their own cabin if it's adjacent or right next door. I have done this before, never went through with it because we ended up upgrading both times, but I was able to hold and deposit with that type of booking.

Note: a TA did help me do this both times so I have no clue if they would allow this type of booking online

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Note: a TA did help me do this both times so I have no clue if they would allow this type of booking online

I can attest to this is not allowed to be done online. I have 2 cruises booked online with this being my scenario. Your TA got someone on the phone and they did some sort of override.