First time cruiser advice on pricing

Mancuso

My wife and I have been looking in to planning our first cruise and I am a little confused on pricing.

My issue is why I would pay full price for a third or fourth passenger.   It appears to me when adding 4 people to a balcony room the full rate is paid for all passengers.    If I wanted to get a suite, as the price goes up so does rate for passenger 3 + 4.

So then the confusion,  why would I put passenger 3 and 4 in my cabin versus just booking them their own inside cabin.   I can always move them in to my cabin when onboard if I want.   But basically the price for 2 passengers in a inside cabin is far cheaper then the coat for a third or fourth passenger in a suite or even a balcony.

So my work around appears to be to book the cabin I want for 2 guest,  and book all extra passengers in inside cabins.   Even if my room sleeps 4 or 6.  

This doesn’t seem to make sense, or am I missing something?   Oh all passengers are adults.     Thank you for all the help.

RC has some weird logic at times. This is something I experiment with when taking the kids (well they're not really kids anymore). Last one it was cheaper to book 2 adjoining balcony rooms with the 2 kids in the one room and my wife and I in the other as opposed to us all staying in the same balcony room. Then the bonus we got the 2nd bathroom

14 minutes ago, tjcruisers said:

RC has some weird logic at times. This is something I experiment with when taking the kids (well they're not really kids anymore). Last one it was cheaper to book 2 adjoining balcony rooms with the 2 kids in the one room and my wife and I in the other as opposed to us all staying in the same balcony room. Then the bonus we got the 2nd bathroom

This is true except I am now seeing special pricing for connecting rooms.  The per person price may be higher in some instances for connecting cabin.  You can still make out though with cabins close to each other.  When we sailed with kids, we almost always did a balcony for us with the kids in an inside across the hall.

This booking 2 cabins works fine, until you start throwing a Full Suite into the mix (Grand Suite or higher (GS+) ) at that point those not in the Suite do not get the Suite amenities.

To one of @Mancuso original comments or questions, Cruise Cabins like alot of other vacation packages are priced per person based on double occupancy, but it is still per person that is why the 3rd and 4th etc person is the same price as the 1st person.  Then main caveat is that you have pay for 2 persons as a minimum.  Even some of your standard Hotels charge extra for additional people if the know about them.  On a cruise you also pay same price for a 6 month old child.

but

Whenever I have tried booking any type of room the price for the third and fourth person has always been discounted to a lower price than the first two passengers!  Of course the kids sail free discount happens too…at times…but any other time I have never seen a third (or more) paying same as the first two!  Interesting….