Air2Sea Warning!

Censored

I have used Air2sea in the past numerous times without any problems.  But now with all the changes in flights, you must do your own due diligence to follow up on a weekly is not daily basis to see if your flight is indeed going to happen.  I have a flight to Puerto Rico from Toronto and it has changed 3 times already.   My due date to pay was yesterday Sept 2.  I called today to book seats.  But the airline (west jet) tells me I can book the seats outbound from Toronto, but  not coming back!   I call Air2Sea and they inform me the complete flight is no longer available even though I paid.  So now a special form has to be filled out, and someone will get back to me within the next 7 days?   The only good thing is that the price I paid is protected. But the flights available are not on exact  embarkation/disembarkation dates meaning I have to pay extra for hotel night stays.   I now must wait to see what happens and and wait to book hotels when I know the dates.  I have sent an email to "choiceairsupervisors.com"  to register a complaint and escalate this.     If anybody has any advise, please pass it on.  Also need best hotels to stay near port/airport.   thx.

We decided to use AirToSea this time around, but got our TA to book it when we booked the cruise. We're 1/2 way between Toronto and Buffalo and decided to fly out of Buffalo. The return flight changed and the TA dealt with it. I don't think the issue is with AirToSea, but the airlines themselves. Interesting to mention the special forms and 7 day wait as TA brought something similar up when rebooking ours. Originally was suppose to have a connecting flight back through Chicago. The airline cancelled our second leg and moved us to an earlier flight leaving only a 25 minute layover (too short for me in these times). The TA tried to instead switch to have the layover in Atlanta and ATS told us we had to fill out a form and it would take them 14 days to get back to us. Our TA was "What the.."??? Anyhow he switched us to a different air carrier with no issue and immediate confirmation. So far so good now.

On our PR trip we stayed at the Condado Plaza Hilton (about 1km from the port), had no issues and would like to go back

This time around it is not on Air2Sea.  All airline are changing and eliminating flights to try to prevent the mass chaos that happened earlier this year.

I have 3 trips before the end of the year booked directly with the airlines, and every leg has change multiple time already some enough that I've had to call a few time to adjust to flight i can make when disembarking the ship.

Point is All Airlines are trying to schedule so the can work within staffing and still have some backup

16 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

This time around it is not on Air2Sea.  All airline are changing and eliminating flights to try to prevent the mass chaos that happened earlier this year.

I have 3 trips before the end of the year booked directly with the airlines, and every leg has change multiple time already some enough that I've had to call a few time to adjust to flight i can make when disembarking the ship.

Point is All Airlines are trying to schedule so the can work within staffing and still have some backup

2 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

I agree it isn't Air2Sea.  American Airlines cancelled a flight out of Philadelphia for our return home, and now Air2Sea is scrambling to rebook us.  I have asked our travel agent to follow up with them.

The Air2Sea agent who booked my flight and took payment, booked me a flight that did not even exist at the time. So yes this responsibility falls on Air2Sea negligence in the matter.  I would not have paid if I had known the dates do not coincide with cruise dates. Regardless, I am still hoping for some kind of resolution.  Looks like a day early one way non stop, and a day later coming back with a  3 hour lay over.  When I called West Jet direct again and asked for new fare rates they quoted me $4,000 !   Perhaps next time I will try a TA.  But up to now Air2Sea was great.  I always fly date of cruise., as they guarantee to get you on the ship with their emergency task team. 

• 1 month later...

Caught a glitch with my A2S flight in January.  Cruise was paid off for some time, but I continued to check my airfare periodically to verify ticket purchase.    I noticed we were getting seat bumps and I would have to reclaim seats (understandable when equipment changes).  But was seeing an "unknown" ticket status in my frequent flyer account.   Called A2S and discovered A2S didn't pay for the tickets, so we were hanging out without tickets.   Caught it early, about 90 days out and they purchased the tickets.  Would had to get closer and lose the seats or my direct flight because of a purchase glitch.   Verify you flights with the airline early to ensure A2S completes transactions.

On 9/3/2022 at 4:42 PM, Censored said:

I have used Air2sea in the past numerous times without any problems.  But now with all the changes in flights, you must do your own due diligence to follow up on a weekly is not daily basis to see if your flight is indeed going to happen.  I have a flight to Puerto Rico from Toronto and it has changed 3 times already.   My due date to pay was yesterday Sept 2.  I called today to book seats.  But the airline (west jet) tells me I can book the seats outbound from Toronto, but  not coming back!   I call Air2Sea and they inform me the complete flight is no longer available even though I paid.  So now a special form has to be filled out, and someone will get back to me within the next 7 days?   The only good thing is that the price I paid is protected. But the flights available are not on exact  embarkation/disembarkation dates meaning I have to pay extra for hotel night stays.   I now must wait to see what happens and and wait to book hotels when I know the dates.  I have sent an email to "choiceairsupervisors.com"  to register a complaint and escalate this.     If anybody has any advise, please pass it on.  Also need best hotels to stay near port/airport.   thx.

This is really unfortunate as WestJet did schedule changes for the fleet back earlier this year so they're only flying in out and of San Juan on Saturday (they do have codeshare connectors on alternate dates but with limited availability).  Air Canada is the only direct option from Toronto.  

13 hours ago, RG306 said:

This is really unfortunate as WestJet did schedule changes for the fleet back earlier this year so they're only flying in out and of San Juan on Saturday (they do have codeshare connectors on alternate dates but with limited availability).  Air Canada is the only direct option from Toronto.  

13 hours ago, RG306 said:

Yes, and they won't put me on a Air Canada Flight as it is not in the cost parameters.  So they have me booked one day after disembarkation and I must stay at a hotel. I have requested they pay for the hotel. Lets see....