Coco Cay: Taco Bar

tonyfsu21

3 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Ok, so I haven’t really spent much time outside the beach club at Coco Cay but I must say the Taco Bar is on point! The ingredients are fresh and the tortillas were piping hot. Excellent selection of fresh condiments and including a variety of sauces. This is a must try! A+

Agreed, huge fan! The fresh tortillas are a very nice touch.

Favorite dessert hack in that area... take 2 of the chocolate chip cookies to the soft serve ice cream machine and make an ice cream sandwich... then eat it at an unhealthy speed before it melts. 😋

I hope you also found one of the Snack Shacks. Excellent chicken sandwiches, mozzarella sticks, and amazing funnel cakes.

I enjoyed the Beach Club food when my generous in-laws got us a cabana a few months ago but I'm just as happy stuffing myself with the above mentioned food at no extra charge.

10 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

The taco bar at PDCC is the main reason I get off. The fresh tortillas and option make it a must for me, even over the crispy chicken sandwich. The only thing is the seagulls are aggressive and will try to steal your salsas.

The aggressive seagulls bring back fond memories for me of summers at the Jersey shore, especially if they're going after my funnel cake, lol.

Last visit they were landing on top of the lounge umbrellas in the entire section by the pool we prefer to sit at.

23 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

The aggressive seagulls bring back fond memories for me of summers at the Jersey shore, especially if they're going after my funnel cake, lol.

Last visit they were landing on top of the lounge umbrellas in the entire section by the pool we prefer to sit at.

July was my first time at CocoCay and I probably fed those aggressive gulls a full tortilla by tossing little pieces of my six tacos (gotta try all the meats and all the add-ons and they just don't fit in less than six).

20 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

They also love the shallow shelf in the Oasis pool and also the beach entry shallow waters!

They sure do.

I learned last trip that there are pretty large iguanas in the trees/bushes on that island by the submerged bench in the pool. One came out to hang by the edge of the pool for at least an hour.

Wild chickens running around too of course (I won't make the standard chicken sandwich joke).

Lots of fun wildlife on both land and sea there.