Tip from a recent cruise on Adventure of the Seas, August 18-27

Paid4c4

I have heard Matt on more than one occasion mention to check your account often and to take care of any business with Guest Services before the last day or the day of disembarkation.  With the app or the room TV it is very easy to keep track of your account.  On the fifth day I decided to check our account and discovered we had been charged $178 for VOOM.  This was strange because I bought and paid for a VOOM package several months before the cruise.  I also found two drinks from a bar we had never been to.  I went to Guest Services and was second in line which only took a couple of minutes.  I spoke with a Purser who looked up our account and agreed I had been charged a second time for VOOM.  She also agreed the two drinks were billed incorrectly.  She credited my account and the refunds were posted almost immediately.  While I was there I got change for gratuities.  The last day of the cruise was a sea day and I looked anytime we passed by Guest Services and noticed a line which at times went all the way to the staircase.  I am trying to cruise smarter not harder!  Thanks Matt for the tips and tricks of cruising.

Bill

Speaking of Guest Services, I'm curious why this location isn't "staffed up" during peak times.  Our recent cruise had only 2-3 employees at peak with the line a mile deep.  Seems like there is an opportunity for cross-training so that additional workstations could be open on the busiest days.  This would both alleviate customer frustration with the long line and also make the job a little easier on the staff.  It's something I just don't understand, but maybe others have insight.  This is a big pet peeve of mine and the fix seems relatively simple.  

Whenever I see no line, I always wish I had an issue to address--seems things always come up when there is a line!  

2 hours ago, letscruise said:

Speaking of Guest Services, I'm curious why this location isn't "staffed up" during peak times.  Our recent cruise had only 2-3 employees at peak with the line a mile deep.  Seems like there is an opportunity for cross-training so that additional workstations could be open on the busiest days.  This would both alleviate customer frustration with the long line and also make the job a little easier on the staff.  It's something I just don't understand, but maybe others have insight.  This is a big pet peeve of mine and the fix seems relatively simple.  

Whenever I see no line, I always wish I had an issue to address--seems things always come up when there is a line!  

I think the skill level required for that position might be a factor in the staffing.  I know there are some behind-the-scenes staff, such as the folks who run down luggage lost by airlines.

2 hours ago, letscruise said:

depending on the ship size, that 2-3 employees is staffed up,  I'm seem to remember the most I have ever seen on an Oasis class ship 4 or maybe 5 but definitely not anymore that that.