Vegetarian Food

dclarmn

My wife and daughter are vegetarians and I was wondering if anyone had experience ordering vegetarian meals.  We will be sailing on Explorer of the Seas in December.  I know there is usually an option on the menu but are the chefs open to whipping up something off the menu?

Absolutely, there's lots of personalization.

First thing to do is go speak with head waiter on your embarkation day in main dining room. Tell him/her what your wife and daughter would like and they can prepare special meals for them each night in addition to what's available.  I always ask for indian food because I love it and it's always a vegetarian dish option.

Otherwise, always ask if you see something that you want altered.  You can have them take something out for what you need.  It never, never, never hurts to ask.

Also the Windjammer buffet always has lots of vegetarian options with Indian food, Asian, beans, salads, etc.  And they are all excellent.  I was trying to eat vegan a couple years ago on Serenade of the Seas and was pretty successful… for a while (I found myself tempted by the other amazing options, so I did get away from my vegan diet).  But as Matt says, you should not have any issues.