Labor Day Cruise Planner Sales

asquared17

38 minutes ago, Carotthat said:

Alaska cruise August 2023:

No sale whatever, every item is just regularly priced.

This is going to be pricey 🙄

The offer applies to bookings made September 1, 2022 – September 6, 2022 and applies to select sailings departing September 7, 2022 – July 31, 2023. 

It's just too early for any sales to go into effect for you.  Hopefully there will be some good sales available for your sailing in November.

21 hours ago, FloatyBoaty said:

Just checked mine - bought at 17.99 4 hours ago. Now up to 19.99. I believe that they do cut off sales of The Key at a certain number as I kept waffling the first cruise that I was thinking about purchasing it for and when I finally decided to go for it, it was "sold out".

Mine went from $17.99 to $19.99 too but is still available at that price.  Couldn’t hop on it at the lower price until I talked to our friends cruising with us… 🙄😔

We recently booked a 7 day cruise to Alaska. The DBP is $64 pp - since we just booked I have no idea if that's a good price or not. Last cruise was 2019 was $47 pp.  I know I can always cancel but wasn't sure if this was good to take advantage of now. Any advice?

*Not asking if the DBP is a good idea, it works for us 🙂 

4 hours ago, NJCruisers said:

We recently booked a 7 day cruise to Alaska. The DBP is $64 pp - since we just booked I have no idea if that's a good price or not. Last cruise was 2019 was $47 pp.  I know I can always cancel but wasn't sure if this was good to take advantage of now. Any advice?

I never do the DBP but do often see posts regarding the price. I think your price is pretty decent for these days. I don't remember anyone reporting it at under 60 any time in the recent past.

8 hours ago, NJCruisers said:

To me…that is pretty reasonable.  Prices have been steadily increasing since COVID arrived…not to mention the current state of inflation!  I also remember the much lower prices pre-2022!  If you plan to purchase the DBP this is definitely the time to do it.  Should the price fall at any time from now until your cruise, you can cancel and repurchase.  But lock in that $64 price now.

9 hours ago, NJCruisers said:

Our cruise is listed as $66 on sale for Labor Day.  I don't recall ever seeing it lower.  We skip it as there are other ways of getting free or discounted drinks, and our next cruise is mostly port days.

Hi, I see that a lot of people have mentioned discounts but I am currently experiencing some issues with the promotions announced by Royal. 

Royal has announced by mail and in the Cruise Planner the Labor Day Sale, and even thought there are a lot of things with the Pink discount banner, there is no change in prices. I have monitored prices for Voom Internet packages and The Key for months, they have stayed the same.

So, for example, The Key is $26.99 per day and has always been that price for this cruise, now it has a banner that says "35% off" and that message "Price Shown Reflects Your Discount", but the prices is still $26.99 ...

I have read the Terms and Agreement but there is no thing stating that the cruise I am taking does not apply for the discount, it really feels like false advertisement.  

I am sailing 5 days aboard the Spectrum of the Seas.

The banner actually says “up to 35% off”. That doesn’t mean anything on your particular sailing is supposed to be 35% off. This is a company wide sail and some sailings have bigger discounts than others based on supply vs demand. Some lower demand sailings will have 35% off on items and others won’t. With yours being so close, I doubt that there is much supply of anything for them to try and discount. 

12 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

The banner actually says “up to 35% off”. That doesn’t mean anything on your particular sailing is supposed to be 35% off. This is a company wide sail and some sailings have bigger discounts than others based on supply vs demand. Some lower demand sailings will have 35% off on items and others won’t. With yours being so close, I doubt that there is much supply of anything for them to try and discount. 

Uuuhm... I really have to differ with you in that one. I am pretty sure that I would not have called out Royal Caribbean on False Advertisement if I haven't seen a banner right on top of the item I was talking about...

Also, I mentioned specifically that I have been trailing the price for THE KEY, no need on coming out to shield Royal Caribbean on this one. Also, let me share a screenshot so you can see the correct banner.

Also, this price has been the same with or without the 35% "discount" for months now, with or without a banner, and I have been checking almost daily.

keyfalse.PNG

2 hours ago, Dieter de Wit said:

Hi, I see that a lot of people have mentioned discounts but I am currently experiencing some issues with the promotions announced by Royal. 

Royal has announced by mail and in the Cruise Planner the Labor Day Sale, and even thought there are a lot of things with the Pink discount banner, there is no change in prices. I have monitored prices for Voom Internet packages and The Key for months, they have stayed the same.

So, for example, The Key is $26.99 per day and has always been that price for this cruise, now it has a banner that says "35% off" and that message "Price Shown Reflects Your Discount", but the prices is still $26.99 ...

I have read the Terms and Agreement but there is no thing stating that the cruise I am taking does not apply for the discount, it really feels like false advertisement.  

I am sailing 5 days aboard the Spectrum of the Seas.

i am pretty sure (and i could be wrong) but spectrum is excluded from sales/discounts.

it may have been a fever dream, but i distinctly remember someone saying that somewhere on this board.

1 hour ago, alibobali said:

i am pretty sure (and i could be wrong) but spectrum is excluded from sales/discounts.

it may have been a fever dream, but i distinctly remember someone saying that somewhere on this board.

Many thanks! Unfortunately, I heard that also a couple times today.

I would just love Royal to stop including the "XX% Off" label on top of items if you are sailing on a cruise where that promotion does not apply.

On 9/4/2022 at 8:35 AM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

To me…that is pretty reasonable.  Prices have been steadily increasing since COVID arrived…not to mention the current state of inflation!  I also remember the much lower prices pre-2022!  If you plan to purchase the DBP this is definitely the time to do it.  Should the price fall at any time from now until your cruise, you can cancel and repurchase.  But lock in that $64 price now.

Thank you, I booked it. Hoping to score a better deal but I still have plenty of time to stay on top of things.

On 9/2/2022 at 4:15 PM, MattG said:

No major discounts for Oasis in October either, except "The Key" dropping to an insanely low $16.99 - would have gone after it for internet, but we got a 2-device package that averages to $16.50/day.

Green = lowest price seen

Yellow = purchased at that date/price

planner-20020902.JPG

This is beautiful and I want to do it for future cruises. 

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

$39 per day? You could max that out by lunch every day.

Yeah, I grabbed it for my first two cruises. For the next two I'm still on Refreshment but may update it. Haven't made up my mind.