Labor Day Cruise Planner Sales

asquared17

haven't seen this one yet, so hopefully i am not putting this in the wrong spot -- DBP down to $68 a day, water package at $12 per case, and some other discounts in there if you are looking for a bargain.

surf voom down to $11.99 a day 🙃 would have pulled the trigger in a heartbeat if it were surf + stream 😂

anyone else noticing good sale hunting in their cruise planners? ?

eta: i noticed a weird glitch that if i looked in the coco cay category and navigated to the drinks or internet pages, it didn't give me the best pricing. i had to be on the main page that advertised the sale. so beware, friends!

I noticed the drop on The Key as well ellcee.  Both a drop in the "List Price" and a bigger discount.  on my 4-day, it's $21 now vs $34.  I pulled the trigger on that.  I had a 4 device internet plan at $11.75 pp pd, so I cancelled that feeling like I can get $9.25 pp pd benefit from the other perks.

I look at things like Embarkation and dedicated activity times the way I do insurance.  if I need it, great.  If you can tell me now that I'll pay 9 bucks a day to be certain to not need it, even better.

Wow I just checked and the Key is $17.99 for my cruise!  Cheaper than the Surf and Stream and just a dollar more/day for just Surf!  My problem is since we are traveling with another couple I need to let them (if we get it they should too) know but their son’s wedding is today so no chance to talk to them until sometime during the reception tonight!  

16 minutes ago, MattG said:

No major discounts for Oasis in October either, except "The Key" dropping to an insanely low $16.99 - would have gone after it for internet, but we got a 2-device package that averages to $16.50/day.

Green = lowest price seen

Yellow = purchased at that date/price

planner-20020902.JPG

I am so impressed by your spreadsheet. No way would I have the patience to set up something like that, let alone keep it up to date. I just jot down figures by hand in a notebook.

9 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I am so impressed by your spreadsheet. No way would I have the patience to set up something like that, let alone keep it up to date. I just jot down figures by hand in a notebook.

Thanks! The link to the Cruise Planner for my specific cruise is in my morning bookmarks, specifically the Coco Cay page. It has the drink package, internet package, and Coco Cay excursions (Waterpark, Beach Club) right at the top, it's easy to see if any of the prices have changed. If so, I dig deeper into the cruise planner for the things I want.

36 minutes ago, MattG said:

No major discounts for Oasis in October either, except "The Key" dropping to an insanely low $16.99 - would have gone after it for internet, but we got a 2-device package that averages to $16.50/day.

Green = lowest price seen

Yellow = purchased at that date/price

planner-20020902.JPG

Are you saying your 2 device package was a total of $16.50/day (8.25 per device) or averaged out to 16.50 per device per day?  If the latter, I would think that adding the Chops lunch and other maybe use amenities would be worth 49 cents per day.  What am I missing?

indeed a great spreadsheet sir!

13 minutes ago, Xaa said:

Are you saying your 2 device package was a total of $16.50/day (8.25 per device) or averaged out to 16.50 per device per day?  If the latter, I would think that adding the Chops lunch and other maybe use amenities would be worth 49 cents per day.  What am I missing?

indeed a great spreadsheet sir!

$20.99/day for 2 devices averaged out to $16.50/device/day

• 1 device: $146.93 / 7 days = $20.99/device/day
  • 2 devices: $230.93 / 7 days = $16.50/device/day
  • 3 devices: $307.93 / 7 days = $14.67/device/day
  • 4 devices: $328.93 / 7 days = $11.75/device/day

If we could secure The Key for two people ($16.99/day, x2 people x7 days = $237.86), it would make sense for us to refund our internet package and get The Key. Unfortunately, we have three Key-qualifying individuals in our stateroom, so we'd be spending another $119 and doesn't make sense. 

11 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

The only other thing I noticed was that for one of my upcoming crises, The Key was an extra 5% off (20%) from its usual price point. However another cruise was still showing 15%. 

So after reading how The Key was so cheap for many people on here, I just rechecked one of my upcoming cruises and noticed that the cruise that showed no change in price yesterday is now $10pp/pd cheaper this morning. That $10 came out to an overall savings of $250!! ABC…..Always Be Checking!!!

Noticed the same thing on my cruise for the key. We\ve never gotten voom, but we have a upcoming 14 day cruise and were thinking of getting ti should somebody need to get a hold of us from back home. Seen the key today and it's 6 bucks cheaper than the voom on it's own.

Thinking about getting it just for that. I'm only interesting in one device being setup. Does everybody int he cabin need to get the key if one person gets its (like the drink package?). If not then it would be worth just getting the key for my wife

12 minutes ago, tjcruisers said:

Does everybody int he cabin need to get the key if one person gets its (like the drink package?). 

Yes, everyone must get it on the same cabin. If you didn’t, then in theory you and your wife wouldn’t be able to board together, eat embarkation lunch together, or enjoy the disembarkation breakfast and departure process together. 

10 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

Yes, everyone must get it on the same cabin. If you didn’t, then in theory you and your wife wouldn’t be able to board together, eat embarkation lunch together, or enjoy the disembarkation breakfast and departure process together. 

after 14 days at sea that might not be a bad thing LOL

22 minutes ago, ellcee said:

The same Key sale has changed a few times in the last few hours. 16.99 when i first looked. 17.99 next. now 19.99.

Just checked mine - bought at 17.99 4 hours ago. Now up to 19.99. I believe that they do cut off sales of The Key at a certain number as I kept waffling the first cruise that I was thinking about purchasing it for and when I finally decided to go for it, it was "sold out".

34 minutes ago, FloatyBoaty said:

Just checked mine - bought at 17.99 4 hours ago. Now up to 19.99. I believe that they do cut off sales of The Key at a certain number as I kept waffling the first cruise that I was thinking about purchasing it for and when I finally decided to go for it, it was "sold out".

Totally but I've never seen changes by the hour. 

Heck of a spreadsheet Matt..  Question:  We see in the cruise planner, one login: multiple devices = cheaper   .. Also Multiple single devices:  more expensive.  Here's the question:  Does Royal Caribbean limit the throughput on your internet package via login or does everyone get the same speed?  Have y'all tested?  If it's the same, the single login is the hand down winner but for folks that video blog and do live streaming the single separate login seems the way to go.

28 minutes ago, ZMANATL said:

Heck of a spreadsheet Matt..  Question:  We see in the cruise planner, one login: multiple devices = cheaper   .. Also Multiple single devices:  more expensive.  Here's the question:  Does Royal Caribbean limit the throughput on your internet package via login or does everyone get the same speed?  Have y'all tested?  If it's the same, the single login is the hand down winner but for folks that video blog and do live streaming the single separate login seems the way to go.

I don't believe each individual login/device is throttled, only that your login is provisioned with "Surf" (slower) or "Surf + Stream" (faster). 

I can see how individual logins are better for older kids who don't want to keep booting each other off. Having individual logins also means Facebook Messenger, iMessage, etc will always pass notifications - if you're "one login, multiple devices", your device could get booted without warning, and your notifications would stop working. 

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

DBP for my next cruise is down to a respectable $66

$66 is after buy one get one 50% off on one our our cruises, too.  For a seven day cruise, with gratuity, it’s $1090.32 which is more than we paid for the cruise!  Going to wait for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.  May opt for the Refreshment package instead.  Have a great cruise!