Crown and Anchor Society

Aron_Ross

Some of you may have seen Matt's recent YouTube video on the various perks for the different levels of Crown and Anchor status.  This was such an informative video and makes me want to sail with Royal a lot more!  I do have some questions since I was not able to find the answer on Royal's site...

With the exception of Pinnacle, I learned members of the same household will automatically inherit the one with the highest status when sailing together.  Does that also apply to couples who are not legally married but live in the same household? 

Some of the additional Gold benefits Matt mentioned were:  25% off any coffee beverage, 10% off wine beer or soda by the glass, buy bingo package get a free jackpot card, 10% off Royal Caribbean logo products.  Are those offered to each individual in the same stateroom, or just to one person?

27 minutes ago, Aron_Ross said:

Does that also apply to couples who are not legally married but live in the same household? 

Yes, but that may not be automatic.  You would have to call C&A and link the two together as a relationship.

29 minutes ago, Aron_Ross said:

Are those offered to each individual in the same stateroom, or just to one person?

Each individual in the cabin will get the discounts based on their C&A status.  The only thing that doesn't get duplicated sometimes is the crystal blocks at the 140 and subsequent 70 point milestones.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aron_Ross said:

Question regarding another Crown and Anchor scenario...

Currently I am at Gold with 4 points and my girlfriend is also Gold at 19 points.  Once I arrange my inheritance of her points and she hits Platinum, If cruise without her, will I still get the Platinum benefits? 

If you guys share status you will have status without the points. You won't get inheritance of her points but her level. 

Maybe I misunderstood the tier sharing info- but i believe the shared tier is only when traveling with the higher tier family member. 

example- I’m platinum and my husband is gold. I’ve cruised a few more than him. Even tho his points are gold, when he and I cruise he is also a platinum. But- if he travels alone or without me- his tier is based again on his points. 

can anyone comment if I’m understanding it correctly? 

20 minutes ago, Eyeonhevn said:

Maybe I misunderstood the tier sharing info- but i believe the shared tier is only when traveling with the higher tier family member. 

example- I’m platinum and my husband is gold. I’ve cruised a few more than him. Even tho his points are gold, when he and I cruise he is also a platinum. But- if he travels alone or without me- his tier is based again on his points. 

can anyone comment if I’m understanding it correctly? 

You are incorrect. If you share status, whenever anyone is traveling, they have that status. Under your example neither things are true if you don't share status. I.e if you are platinum and your husband is gold but aren't linked: he doesn't share your status, he is only gold. If you are linked, he gets your platinum status but not the points, so he will move with you in tiers but not points......unless he sails with you.

18 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

You are incorrect. If you share status, whenever anyone is traveling, they have that status. Under your example neither things are true if you don't share status. I.e if you are platinum and your husband is gold but aren't linked: he doesn't share your status, he is only gold. If you are linked, he gets your platinum status but not the points, so he will move with you in tiers but not points......unless he sails with you.

Thank you. We are linked. He has just never cruised without me and I had heard someone else saying the tier status only works when traveling with the higher status. 

thank you for clarifying. 🥳