Key and boarding times

beccaball

I am not aware of how this works since scheduled boarding times are in place

Im trying to do some research for my father. He didn't check in early at the 45 days ahead mark. He wasn't aware that the earlier you checkin the earlier boarding times were. He now has a later than desired boarding time. If he chose to purchase the key (he is already wanting purchasing the surf and stream internet anyhow). What is the earliest he could board? I was asking so I could try and help him board earlier and also he would use the other perks that came with the key (show reservation seating & chops lunch)

Thanks for you help in advance 

We have never been turned away from the earliest boarding time when purchasing The Key. However, it does say these days that you get The Key privileges during your boarding window. You may miss the Chop's Lunch if you are forced to board at a later time. That is a good enough reason to let your father on early. Many of the "ushers" do not even know the rules and will usually let Key people enter at any time. 

19 minutes ago, Swar said:

We have never been turned away from the earliest boarding time when purchasing The Key. However, it does say these days that you get The Key privileges during your boarding window. However, you may miss the Chop's Lunch if you are forced to board at a later time. That is a good enough reason to let your father on early. Many of the "ushers" do not even know the rules and will usually let Key people enter at any time. 

What is the earliest time one can board? I don't know since the restart?

12 minutes ago, beccaball said:

What is the earliest time one can board?

Each cruise/ship is a bit different. Usually, 10:30 is the earliest. Sometimes as late as 2 P.M. Maybe go into the "Roll Calls" section of the blog and ask there. You can do it for your particular cruise and others before and after your date.

The Key has generally been getting an email before the cruise stating they can arrive by 11:30 and board with priority.  After that they need to stick to their boarding times, but should get priority within their boarding time.  When I've sailed, there's always been a Key line present and they'd take anyone in that line that was eligible whenever they showed.