Should I splurge for Ultra Spacious stateroom at aft on Oasis?

ElmoHongZito

First cruise our family of 4 is going on (my daughters are 14 and 11). Its a 7 night cruise. Right now we are booked for a regular oceanview stateroom with balcony close to the FORWARD elevators on deck 6. 

After learning a little bit more about the ships layouts I wanted to move to same room but close to AFT elevators instead.

When I went to do search I noticed that room 7330 is available. Its the most aft room on deck 7 and looks to be about 100 sqft larger than the regular staterooms with a much larger balcony. The regular staterooms look so tight in pictures and I feel like we will be on top of each other and suite cases in the way, etc. If I switch to this ultra spacious stateroom room (not even sure if thats possible) the price difference is about $1600. 

Is it worth it? 
Am I going to regret being at the very back of the ship away from the elevators? 

Please share thoughts. 

2 hours ago, ElmoHongZito said:

First cruise our family of 4 is going on (my daughters are 14 and 11). Its a 7 night cruise. Right now we are booked for a regular oceanview stateroom with balcony close to the FORWARD elevators on deck 6. 

After learning a little bit more about the ships layouts I wanted to move to same room but close to AFT elevators instead.

When I went to do search I noticed that room 7330 is available. Its the most aft room on deck 7 and looks to be about 100 sqft larger than the regular staterooms with a much larger balcony. The regular staterooms look so tight in pictures and I feel like we will be on top of each other and suite cases in the way, etc. If I switch to this ultra spacious stateroom room (not even sure if thats possible) the price difference is about $1600. 

Is it worth it? 
Am I going to regret being at the very back of the ship away from the elevators? 

Please share thoughts. 

Here's a video of the room.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Oasis-of-the-Seas

If you are quite financially well off and it is not hard to do, then I would do it. The space would make the room much more comfortable. However, I have been able to upgrade to suits with that amount of money, so I think 1600 is a bit much just for a Ultra Spacious Balcony Room. In my experience, being close to the elevator was not to much of a problem. If you are directly next to the elevator then you might hear something, but if you are a few rooms down, then it should be fine. 

we stayed in this very cabin with three adults -- it's definitely got more space than your average stateroom -- and it's so close to the aqua theater and rest of the back of the ship that you could always step out and wander around to the boardwalk if you needed air. the bunks were fine, as i slept on the bottom and treated the top like my dresser 😂 but it sounds like your girls would get a kick out of them.

it is a bit of a hike and we would laugh about it when we hauled back there from the elevators, but we are also walkers and didn't mind too much as we prefer aft cabins also.

however, i tend to agree with the others recommending a second stateroom -- whether it be a connecting balcony or one main balcony and interior room right across from you all. we did this on a few of our earlier family cruises and the extra bathroom and cabin really did help, and the cost was not too bad, either.

and a junior suite at least would keep them in the same room but on a pull out, with extra space and some suite benefits, so that may be more cost-effective if it is still available for your sailing. just make sure you check with RCCL/your travel agent when booking, as not all junior suites can accommodate four passengers. (weirdly, there are some that don't have a pullout couch and can only fit two people.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 7:44 PM, Pattycruise said:

I agree to see about a second room, you would have 2 bathrooms as well, you could book 1adult/1 child per room and then not be forced to buy 2 deluxe alcohol packages-saving quite a bit of $.(assuming you even planned to buy it)

I wish I would have read this before now. I’m not getting notifications on this post and took me a while to even find it. I thought maybe moderator had not gotten to approving it.

I actually made this change yesterday (2 connecting staterooms) and when the RCI rep asked me how I wanted to split us up I said I don’t care. She ended up putting me and my wife in one room and the girls in the other. My wife is the only one that drinks (wine) and it definitely would have been better to split us up so I am not forced into getting the drink pkg. Thanks for pointing that out.

Do think its too late to ask for that change? They always make it seem like after last payment you can’t make any more changes.  My first payment was my last payment since I am booking within 3 months of the sail date. 

3 hours ago, ElmoHongZito said:

I wish I would have read this before now. I’m not getting notifications on this post and took me a while to even find it. I thought maybe moderator had not gotten to approving it.

I actually made this change yesterday (2 connecting staterooms) and when the RCI rep asked me how I wanted to split us up I said I don’t care. She ended up putting me and my wife in one room and the girls in the other. My wife is the only one that drinks (wine) and it definitely would have been better to split us up so I am not forced into getting the drink pkg. Thanks for pointing that out.

Do think its too late to ask for that change? They always make it seem like after last payment you can’t make any more changes.  My first payment was my last payment since I am booking within 3 months of the sail date. 

What you can do, is call Royal Caribbean and request that your wife get the DPB,  while you buy the refreshment package. 

8 hours ago, ElmoHongZito said:

Yes, you can change names on the reservations as long as one original person on the booking stays with the cabin.

If you don't want to do that, you can call to purchase the drink package for your wife but you would have to get the Refreshment Package.

19 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes, you can change names on the reservations as long as one original person on the booking stays with the cabin.

If you don't want to do that, you can call to purchase the drink package for your wife but you would have to get the Refreshment Package.

I was able to get them to switch it up just in case we decide to get the wife the ultimate drink package but honestly I don’t think it makes sense at $78+ per night.

On a 7 night cruise I doubt she will consume enough to justify that cost. I think its better to just pay by the drink. Plus she’ll have 4 bottles in the room she can drink from as well. 

9 minutes ago, ElmoHongZito said:

I was able to get them to switch it up just in case we decide to get the wife the ultimate drink package but honestly I don’t think it makes sense at $78+ per night.

On a 7 night cruise I doubt she will consume enough to justify that cost. Ahe can just pay by the drink. Plus she’ll have 4 bottles in the room she can drink from as well. 

Very smart thinking if she only drinks the occasional wine.