Accidentally put wrong answer to vaccination status on Health Status on the app

Allison25

I’ve never sailed with royal Caribbean before but my boyfriend has so we booked the cruise under his name and I was managing the app (logged into his name) we sail on September 10th and I went ahead and did the “Health Status” however I thought I was under my name and selected that I was vaccinated, well I was under his name instead but now I can’t change it because he is unvaccinated and the app is saying that he is vaccinated. Can I call customer support and tell them I made a mistake and have them change it or will we be denied boarding due to this mistake? Help! 

10 hours ago, Allison25 said:

I’ve never sailed with royal Caribbean before but my boyfriend has so we booked the cruise under his name and I was managing the app (logged into his name) we sail on September 10th and I went ahead and did the “Health Status” however I thought I was under my name and selected that I was vaccinated, well I was under his name instead but now I can’t change it because he is unvaccinated and the app is saying that he is vaccinated. Can I call customer support and tell them I made a mistake and have them change it or will we be denied boarding due to this mistake? Help! 

I would call them, but other posts have reported check-in errors and were told they could be fixed at the port.  More than one person has clicked the wrong icon.  Again, for peace of mind contact them.  If your boyfriend has sailed before, he is probably a Crown and Anchor Society (CAS) member, and he can talk to their phone line if the main Royal line is busy.

Last month while answering health questions on the app I came to the block of three questions: Are you vaccinated?

Have you been boosted? Are you more than 23 weeks pregnant?  I miss read the last question and answered yes!  I am a 73 year old man so being pregnant would indeed be a real miracle and shock.  I called and was told to disregard the app and just check in normally at the port check in.  Our check in at the port was super quick with no mention of my pregnancy.  Enjoy your cruise.

Bill

Is the “health status” aka the “health questionnaire”? I answered the 3 questions a couple days ago but received an email today (24 hrs before sailing) mentioning the questionnaire but when you check the app there’s nothing there other then “heath status complete”. Is this another Royal IT mess or perhaps I’m missing something? Thanks 

34 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Is the “health status” aka the “health questionnaire”? I answered the 3 questions a couple days ago but received an email today (24 hrs before sailing) mentioning the questionnaire but when you check the app there’s nothing there other then “heath status complete”. Is this another Royal IT mess or perhaps I’m missing something? Thanks 

You answered everything, so you are OK.  At the port, you may be asked if anything has changed.

4 hours ago, Paid4c4 said:

Last month while answering health questions on the app I came to the block of three questions: Are you vaccinated?

Have you been boosted? Are you more than 23 weeks pregnant?  I miss read the last question and answered yes!  I am a 73 year old man so being pregnant would indeed be a real miracle and shock.  I called and was told to disregard the app and just check in normally at the port check in.  Our check in at the port was super quick with no mention of my pregnancy.  Enjoy your cruise.

Bill

And again I think that is not the same as the vax question.  If they are indeed still trying to sail with only a certain percentage unvaccinated, the answer to that question is very important.  

Yes I understand that but if they are looking at, for example, no more than 20% unvaccinated and you indicate you are when you are not, the percentage is now skewed and could affect other passengers wanting to sail.  The pregnancy error affects no one and can easily be fixed at the terminal.  I realize this is a small thing when it’s one or two cases but in larger quantities it could impact others.

3 hours ago, Pooch said:

Yes I understand that but if they are looking at, for example, no more than 20% unvaccinated and you indicate you are when you are not, the percentage is now skewed and could affect other passengers wanting to sail.  The pregnancy error affects no one and can easily be fixed at the terminal.  I realize this is a small thing when it’s one or two cases but in larger quantities it could impact others.

Oh....I was replying to the others, sorry.

Your point is valid, I wonder how they are going about this since there isn't anything to fill out really to say you are vax now?

I've been very nervous about booking a cruise (it's been so long since my last one).  I am completely vaccinated and have been very careful throughout the pandemic so as not to cause worry and additional stress to my vulnerable elderly parents or pass covid on to them.  Are there separate areas on the ships for unvaccinated passengers?