Hooked Seafood and Shellfish Allergy question.

subwaymark

I am going on the Star Trek Cruise next February on Navigator of the Seas. I am a loyal RCI cruiser and will become Diamond on that cruise.

I noticed Navigator has a new to me specialty restaurant, Hooked Seafood. I have looked at the menu and it seems to be very shellfish oriented. I love shrimp, but before I learned to enjoy lobster and crab, I sadly developed a shellfish allergy. It is bad enough I have an EPI pen. I also seem to get nauseated if there are strong shellfish smells. It is so unfortunate. However, I enjoy salmon, and tuna and a variety of other fish without any problems. My wife loves shellfish, especially Maryland Style crab cakes which I see are on the menu.  I was wondering if Hooked is worth a try and how they might accommodate my allergy. It seems the menu is extremely limited for me. Any thoughts?

turf and turf are excellent filet steaks. Worth a visit. As with all sit down restaurants, waiters will ask about allergies. You can also go to the restaurant (at least a day before dining) and discuss with restaurant management. If they have the ingredients - they will usually accommodate you. They have even brought us meal items from other specialty restaurants.

1 hour ago, subwaymark said:

I am going on the Star Trek Cruise next February on Navigator of the Seas. I am a loyal RCI cruiser and will become Diamond on that cruise.

I noticed Navigator has a new to me specialty restaurant, Hooked Seafood. I have looked at the menu and it seems to be very shellfish oriented. I love shrimp, but before I learned to enjoy lobster and crab, I sadly developed a shellfish allergy. It is bad enough I have an EPI pen. I also seem to get nauseated if there are strong shellfish smells. It is so unfortunate. However, I enjoy salmon, and tuna and a variety of other fish without any problems. My wife loves shellfish, especially Maryland Style crab cakes which I see are on the menu.  I was wondering if Hooked is worth a try and how they might accommodate my allergy. It seems the menu is extremely limited for me. Any thoughts?

I would be concern about becoming nauseate with the strong shellfish smells.  If the seafood is fresh - which it should be - then you may not have a problem.  But go early in the cruise when the shellfish is at the height of freshness.