Taking wine bottles onboard clarification

BigKarl

I will be sailing on Friday 9/2 and would like clarification on bringing wine onboard.  Must I carry the wine onboard with me or can the wine be placed in my checked luggage.  Or do I run the risk of them removing it from the luggage and "Storing it."   I have never brought wine or water/soda onboard and any advice on how to handle Wine, Water, and soda "SOON" will help.    Thanks!!

The few times I've carried on wine I placed it in my carry on with no problems. However, my sister twice packed it in her large luggage. Once she was called down to the naughty room to retrieve her luggage and her wine, the second time it remained in her luggage and was delivered to her room. 

2 hours ago, BigKarl said:

I am good with that.  Thanks!  Is that Just the Wine or does that mean the water and Soda has to get crammed into the carry on as well? 

All of it has to be carried on. It is only 12 bottles/cans of water/soda and 2 bottles of wine per cabin...it will all fit in a carry on wheeled suitcase. If you're worried about dragging it around until the cabins are open, that's usually between 1-2pm. You can always just plan to arrive later and be able to go straight to the room to drop it off.

10 hours ago, BigKarl said:

I am good with that.  Thanks!  Is that Just the Wine or does that mean the water and Soda has to get crammed into the carry on as well? 

I think you should just buy yourself out of the water problem.  Ask yourself "Would I pay $11 to not have to lug 12 bottles of water from point of purchase, through the port, around the ship and to the room?"  If the answer is yes, just get the water bottle package.  Not trying to spend your money, but it seems like a good use of it. 🙂

13 hours ago, BigKarl said:

Anyone with advice for Soda and Water.  They seem bulky and a pain to carry onboard?  Would they allow a small foldable hand cart?  I am almost regretting that I invited my relatives along!  :}

So much easier when it is just the wife and I.

We just bring a wheeled cooler (no ice though, the xray machine techs freak out) keeps it simple 🙂

4 hours ago, Xaa said:

I think you should just buy yourself out of the water problem.  Ask yourself "Would I pay $11 to not have to lug 12 bottles of water from point of purchase, through the port, around the ship and to the room?"  If the answer is yes, just get the water bottle package.  Not trying to spend your money, but it seems like a good use of it. 🙂

I always purchase packages for myself (Makes it sooooo easy)   This is for the relatives that are going.  I purchased everyones cruise tickets to join us for our Aniversary however,  I am not so rich (I wish I was) as to pick up everyone's bar tab as well.

13 minutes ago, BigKarl said:

I always purchase packages for myself (Makes it sooooo easy)   This is for the relatives that are going.  I purchased everyones cruise tickets to join us for our Aniversary however,  I am not so rich (I wish I was) as to pick up everyone's bar tab as well.

Got it.  Very generous of you to get the cruise.  I know you'll all have a good time.  Hope to see you out there one day!

38 minutes ago, BigKarl said:

Happy Anniversary!!!  Enjoy & have fun...