Anyone with experience converting two reservations into one through Royal Up?

My family of 5 is traveling in two neighboring ocean view staterooms on Symphony. I submitted a Royal up through the reservation with three guests for a two bedroom grand suite. My question is if this is successful will I be able to cancel the balcony with two guests and add these guests to the large capacity two bedroom grand suite? 

If no one has experience with this, I will call Royal and report my findings here.

Royal Up only applies to the reservation that was used.  You cannot combine reservations.  In theory, after you are notified, you could attempt to cancel and rebook the cruises but you would be repricing at the current rates which would almost certainly negate the point of using Royal Up.  Also, you may not be notified until very close to the cruise which would mean the other room might be subject to cancellation penalties.  If you want to make this change, it would be far simpler to just attempt the cancel/rebook process now without using Royal Up.

The other option is to keep both rooms but have everybody sleep in the suite (use the other room for storage if nearby/necessary).  Of course, only the people officially staying in the suite would get the suite privileges.

11 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

The other option is to keep both rooms but have everybody sleep in the suite (use the other room for storage if nearby/necessary).  Of course, only the people officially staying in the suite would get the suite privileges.

This is my plan if successful with Royal up and unable to move my wife and daughter into suite and cancel their balcony. 

Guests 3+ suite price is $778 which is slightly less than balcony price per person for the two guest room. So it is almost a wash keeping the balcony room and not adding my wife and daughter to the two bedroom grand suite. I’ll have three Sky class cards so not worried about being restricted to amenities. 

No two bedroom grand suites are currently availability so I can’t change now and chances of Royal Up success are low.

If successful I’m sure our 5 suitcases will like having an ocean view balcony to stay in.