UDP - Every Question Under The Sun

Live2Cruise

Hi,

First time getting the UDP on Navigator (first time on Nav too). I have tried going through all of the posts to get answers to my questions, but man, are there alot of UDP posts (and now I am adding to it.) Here goes.

How many times can you go to a speciality restaurant per day? Just 1 lunch, 1 dinner? So, hubby likes seafood, I do not. So, if we booked Hooked for lunch, can we also do Jamies or Playmakers so I can eat something too? 

I know I need to wait until I board to reserve all of my times (except for the courtesy one when I booked the UDP). Do I have to make reservations for Playmakers and Izumi?

For lunches (Chop's, Jamie's, Hooked, Izumi, ect) what is the dress code? I know dinners are dressy, but what about lunch? Shorts ok? 

I have heard and read many different things about how you can order. Can you order more than i app, entree and dessert? Or just limited on entree to 1 and as many as you want for app and dessert?

For per diem like Izumi and Playmakers, can you ask them to close a tab if you are at your limit and then open a new one, or do you have to leave and come back (circling back to my other quesiton of how many times can you go per day)

Thanks for any and all answers, just don't want to get on board and not understand the guidelines.

3 hours ago, Live2Cruise said:

How many times can you go to a speciality restaurant per day? Just 1 lunch, 1 dinner? So, hubby likes seafood, I do not. So, if we booked Hooked for lunch, can we also do Jamies or Playmakers so I can eat something too? 

As many times as you can get get reservations or get seated for...Hooked does have a turf and turf option on the menu so you won't starve there.

For per diem like Izumi and Playmakers, can you ask them to close a tab if you are at your limit and then open a new one, or do you have to leave and come back (circling back to my other quesiton of how many times can you go per day)

You will be hard pressed to hit that spending limit. Izumi has a 34.99 option that includes 1 small plate, 2 large plates and a dessert. It's a LOT of food for one person! Playmakers is very reasonably priced too..so $20/person goes really far.

I know dinners are dressy, but what about lunch? Shorts ok? 

Shorts are fine for lunch, just no swimwear.

18 hours ago, Live2Cruise said:

As many times as you want, as long as you can secure a reservation. 

Do I have to make reservations for Playmakers and Izumi?

No for:

• Johnny Rockets
  • Playmakers
  • Portside BBQ (Oasis)

Yes for:

• Chops
  • Giovani's/Jamie's
  • Wonderland
  • Izumi Sushi
  • Izumi Hibachi
  • Hooked

For lunches (Chop's, Jamie's, Hooked, Izumi, ect) what is the dress code? I know dinners are dressy, but what about lunch? Shorts ok? 

Dress casual - shorts are fine (not cargo shorts), shirt is fine, collared shirt is better. 

Can you order more than i app, entree and dessert? Or just limited on entree to 1 and as many as you want for app and dessert?

There is no rule, the general consensus is multiple apps, one entree, multiple desserts. Restaurant's discretion. 

For per diem like Izumi and Playmakers, can you ask them to close a tab if you are at your limit and then open a new one, or do you have to leave and come back

You may have to leave and come back. Again, restaurant's discretion. 

We actually like the Hooked steaks better than Chops. We do surf and turf and split a whole lobster. I only wear shorts on Caribbean cruises. I did the tux thing for a bit, but not anymore. Nice shirt and no swimwear for dinner.