Oasis Chops embarkation day lunch?

RCIfan1912

On our Adventure cruise in late June to get away from the crowds at the Windjammer on embarkation I booked Chops for lunch. It was brilliant actually, nice relaxing lunch to start the cruise. 

Not seeing it offered embarkation day for Oasis when we sail next May. Do only certain ships have Chops lunch on embarkation day?

14 minutes ago, FireFishII said:

I sailed on Allure back in June.  I also booked embarkation day lunch at Chops.  I agree, it was a great way to start our cruise!  

Maybe you are not seeing the option for May yet?  Maybe they will add it later - closer to the cruise date??

Maybe yes, that could be the case. Other lunch days are showing up for lunch. After sailing Oasis for the first time a few weeks we learned a very valuable lesson, make reservations and make them early! That ship really is all reservations or you are gonna be shutout. 

9 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh I like that even better than Chops to be honest, thanks, I'll check and see. 

Our planner had said that Chops was to  be place for specialty lunch on embarkation day,  but arriving at Chops they said it would instead be Giovanni's.  I really like the change actually.   And they are practically next to each other, so no issue.

9 hours ago, ColdRingo said:

That's one of the nice perks of buying "The Key" - embarkation day lunch in the main dining room with the Chops lunch menu.  We like it!

@ColdRingo, I thought long and hard about buying "The Key" but I could not justify the price.  But I think if one can afford "The Key", the perks are nice.