Allure of the sea 8 /20.

Bigken

These  are. My opinions. And tips on allure of the sea 8 day Southern Caribbean first I found it very smooth to embark. And disembark my check in time was 11am. Was on by 1130. Am. I went right to reservations for shows did it all in less then 10 mins.   Everyone trying to do it on there app was having problems ! So I recommend going right to show reservations.   2nd went right to muster took 2 mins. 3rd went right to beach pool had  drinks by 12  the head bartender at the sand bar  is by far the best bartender ever on every cruise I’ve been on. His name is stace. If you like to hang out at the beach pool and have some drinks he’s the best at making what ever you ask for. Everyone at the pool was very impressed with him all week if you go to him tell him Ken said hi.  Next ate breakfast all week in windjammer. We get up early so we’re in there by 830 am  never had a problem getting a seat. And I found the food selection to be good and the food was good   Did Giovanni restaurant  once it used to be our favorite. But this time it was the worst  meal I had on the ship my opinion .ate main dining room for dinner. The food was ok. Not great but are wait staff were great   Next like I said we get up early. So we are at the pool early.not a problem  getting a chair. But by ten all chairs had towels on them. And. No people for hours.   And nothing was done about it. The solirum. Was worse all chairs were reserved with towels by 730 am again no people  something  should be done but until then i!!!  Also on sea days. By twelve o’clock you could not move in any of the pools   Portdays. Are the best ship days just my opinion on the cruise I was on 

Pretty typical for current cruises. Have found terrific bartenders on our cruises and we tend to gravitate to them. Over the last several cruises they have been reassigned to different bars and we have to look until we find them again. The specialty restaurants are a hit or miss. Once this one is great and the next time is stinks. We have always eaten breakfast in Windjammer although your time of early is late for us. Never had an issue but sometimes we have to look around to find the freshest selections on the eggs, bacon, etc. We love the Muster 2.0 and the first thing we do on embarkation, other than going to the bar and getting the first drink of the cruise, is make all our show reservations. With the capacity up to full the chair hogs have returned with a vengeance and if you are not sitting in your chair by 8:30am they are all covered by towels. Agree there should be a "pool patrol" that monitors the chairs as we have seen them unused for 5~6 hours before the owners return to use them or remove the towels so they don't get charged. Could make for some interesting confrontations though. The Solarium pool on our last cruise was sooooo crowded that we skipped that all together. You would have to shove folks aside just to get into the pool. They did not seem to mind so to each their own.

On 8/29/2022 at 12:23 PM, Bigken said:

These  are. My opinions. And tips on allure of the sea 8 day Southern Caribbean first I found it very smooth to embark. And disembark my check in time was 11am. Was on by 1130. Am. I went right to reservations for shows did it all in less then 10 mins.   Everyone trying to do it on there app was having problems ! So I recommend going right to show reservations.   2nd went right to muster took 2 mins. 3rd went right to beach pool had  drinks by 12  the head bartender at the sand bar  is by far the best bartender ever on every cruise I’ve been on. His name is stace. If you like to hang out at the beach pool and have some drinks he’s the best at making what ever you ask for. Everyone at the pool was very impressed with him all week if you go to him tell him Ken said hi.  Next ate breakfast all week in windjammer. We get up early so we’re in there by 830 am  never had a problem getting a seat. And I found the food selection to be good and the food was good   Did Giovanni restaurant  once it used to be our favorite. But this time it was the worst  meal I had on the ship my opinion .ate main dining room for dinner. The food was ok. Not great but are wait staff were great   Next like I said we get up early. So we are at the pool early.not a problem  getting a chair. But by ten all chairs had towels on them. And. No people for hours.   And nothing was done about it. The solirum. Was worse all chairs were reserved with towels by 730 am again no people  something  should be done but until then i!!!  Also on sea days. By twelve o’clock you could not move in any of the pools   Portdays. Are the best ship days just my opinion on the cruise I was on 

Quick question and Thanks:  Where did  you find the show reservation kiosk?  Yours is not the first to mention app problems.. Going to be on Allure Oct 1 and figure I'll be trying app as I walk towards the reservation kiosk.

We were on the same cruise and while we had differences in many things (I'm a late riser for one) we did get up early enough on the last day to see the pool chairs from Coastal Kitchen while we were having breakfast. In a matter of minutes every chair we could see had towels but there were maybe 3 people actually lounging around.

We didn't use the pool onboard this trip - too much to do to just sit by the pool! - and after seeing that I was kind of glad about it. I think the seats in the stands by the sport pool tended to remain open more than the ones right up against the pool though so if I did venture in I would have chosen those seats.

Also...speaking of pools...the pool in the solarium was tiny..right?

At one point, just walking around, we passed the pool and my mom joked sarcastically "no one's using the pool!" I turned to look and almost said "that's a hot tub) until I literally saw the sign that labeled it a pool....never seen a solarium pool that tiny in my life.