Adventure of the Seas review August 18-27, 2022-Cape Liberty

Paid4c4

We flew into Newark, NJ Airport on Wednesday August 17th and spend the night at the Springhill Inn Suites Airport.  We had an Uber from the hotel to the ship for twenty dollars to the luggage drop-off point.  We had a short walk to the terminal building to begin the checkin process.  Our checkin time was 11:00 A.M., our arrival time was 10:30 A.M.  We were directed directed to the Suites Guests line and then to a processor.  After greetings I handed the processor our passports which contained:Set Sail Pass, Bermuda Health Certification, Covid Vaccination card, Covid Test Results from Emed for each of us.  We were on the ship by 10:45 A.M. boarding on deck 4 which was only 100 feet from B5 Muster Station which we went to for checkin and orientation.  We were in the ship with all checkins taken care of at 10:50 A.M.!  We went to our cabin retrieved our pass cards and dropped off our carry ons and we were off for the obligatory Windjammer first day lunch.  Much to our delight the Windjammer was almost empty, we had a great lunch and were off to see the ship.

We found the ship to clean and well maintained with a friendly staff and crew.  We had MTD, Three Specialty Dinner Package and one dinner at Johnny Rockets.  The horror stories being reported about MTD are way to Positive!  This was my seventieth cruise on RCCL and only one other time have I have witnessed a more disruptive, disorganized and possibly violent event a ship.  The line for the dinning room wrapped all the way around the elevators on both sides of the dinning room.  The first night there were no signs for those with Reservations and those without making for one large group of hungry people looking to be seated.  Unfortunately the large group of hungry people soon turned into a large group of angry hungry people.  Not a pleasant beginning for an enjoyable dinning experience.  This mayhem got slightly better with signs for Reservations and No Reservation lines.  We spoke with the Hotel Manager Francois and the Resturant Manager.  To their credit they offered no excuses and said improvements were coming and were planned to start on the next cruise.  MTD is the only negative comments we have about our entire cruise.  

Disembarkation was one of the most orderly and well conducted we have ever witnessed.  Luggage tag areas were well marked and sorted with plenty of porters to give assistance.  Cape Liberty is equipped with Facial Recognition which made Customs a walk-through.  We went outside to the Taxi area loaded our luggage and was on the way to the airport by 8:45 A.M.  Since we had a late flight we caught the train and went to visit the World Trade Center Memorial which we highly recommend.  I will write more over the next couple of days about excursions, hints and tips.  The attached photo is a view from our cabin.

Bill

IMG_2231.jpeg

9 hours ago, Morganno said:

Thanks for the quick review. Adventure is a ship I want to try next year perhaps. Did you enjoy the ship? 

Sorry to hear about MTD this was also chaos for passengers on Brilliance as well. 

Yes we enjoyed the ship as the Explorer Class of ship is one of our favorite.  For a twenty year old lady is has been very well cared for with paint and maintenance.  It has a long bow and rides the waves well.  Hope you enjoy it.

Bill