Blue lagoon advice

CanHardlyWait

Ok, so looked at about 20 YouTube videos on this excursion. The regular that's like $89 and the VIP for adults that's around $125. The food at the adult beach really doesn't appeal to me. Rather just risk a burger at the main location. And the endless free bahama mama's isn't our thing since we take meds and have to limit alcohol. However, still considering the VIP because of the beach Vs the lagoon. The lagoon looks so shallow in vids it looks like a puddle. Anyone think the VIP is worth it just for the beach? Advice, opinions, stories? All would be helpful. $125 per person is a big deal to us, so want to make right choice. Thanks.

On 8/29/2022 at 12:39 AM, CanHardlyWait said:

Ok, so looked at about 20 YouTube videos on this excursion. The regular that's like $89 and the VIP for adults that's around $125. The food at the adult beach really doesn't appeal to me. Rather just risk a burger at the main location. And the endless free bahama mama's isn't our thing since we take meds and have to limit alcohol. However, still considering the VIP because of the beach Vs the lagoon. The lagoon looks so shallow in vids it looks like a puddle. Anyone think the VIP is worth it just for the beach? Advice, opinions, stories? All would be helpful. $125 per person is a big deal to us, so want to make right choice. Thanks.

Definitely not worth the upgrade if your goal is to have a nice swimming area. We did the VIP and the area they placed us in was not suitable to even get in the water. There were large coral-like boulders that prevent you from getting into the water. Some places the rocks are flat enough to walk on and get your feet wet. The surf was very very rough and when you combine that with the rocks, it really was not suitable for swimming. Our guide pointed out an alternate area for swimming as we walked to the VIP area, but you have to descend very steep steps into the water to access it. We did not care for the overall experience at Blue Lagoon as it is very commercialized and we felt like cattle being herded the whole time. That being said, the non-VIP area would be better for swimming.

8 hours ago, Jakejosa said:

Definitely not worth the upgrade if your goal is to have a nice swimming area. We did the VIP and the area they placed us in was not suitable to even get in the water. There were large coral-like boulders that prevent you from getting into the water. Some places the rocks are flat enough to walk on and get your feet wet. The surf was very very rough and when you combine that with the rocks, it really was not suitable for swimming. Our guide pointed out an alternate area for swimming as we walked to the VIP area, but you have to descend very steep steps into the water to access it. We did not care for the overall experience at Blue Lagoon as it is very commercialized and we felt like cattle being herded the whole time. That being said, the non-VIP area would be better for swimming.

Since I made this posting I read many reviews on Google etc (along with and because of youtube videos I saw). Everyone thinks the VIP beach is a death trap. We are over 50 and falling on rocks is not an option. Plus people complain a lot about the boat out to there being an hour late and then having almost no time on island. Way more negative reviews then positive I found. Seriously considering Margaritaville day pass. Nice flat beach, calm water, etc. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 10:30 PM, CanHardlyWait said:

Since I made this posting I read many reviews on Google etc (along with and because of youtube videos I saw). Everyone thinks the VIP beach is a death trap. We are over 50 and falling on rocks is not an option. Plus people complain a lot about the boat out to there being an hour late and then having almost no time on island. Way more negative reviews then positive I found. Seriously considering Margaritaville day pass. Nice flat beach, calm water, etc. 

I should have done more research before booking blue lagoon in Nassau. Glad I can save someone else with my terrible experience! We did Pearl Island VIP on a subsequent visit to Nassau and it was very nice. Our only complaint was that it wasn't long enough. 

Blue Lagoon is pretty, but I wouldn't go back there again.

The beach was OK.  the water was very shallow, but pretty. 

I did the "tour" of the island, and no food was included.  It was a nice long hike in the heat.  Got to walk up an abandoned tower.  Drinks and food was a tad pricey. 

I did not do the dolphin/stingray or shark excursion either. (not my type of thing to exploit animals)