Booked on Symphony but considering a change of itinerary

gibchua

Hello all!!  :D

My first time posting something over here in the forums. I'm currently booked on Symphony for her 14 October 2018 sailing but i'm considering a change to an earlier date, probably on her maiden sailing.

Would y'all know if it's worth it to be on a Royal Caribbean ship's maiden (or even final) voyage? Would they offer exclusive memorabilia or?

Appreciate your replies!  :)

I booked the Maiden out of Barcelona. I haven't done one before but heard they leave small gifts on your bed. Hats, mugs, ect. I'm also expecting some celebrations, I guess I'll find out what happens.

Really I think the appeal is just the novalty of being the first on the ship and in your bed, and also being able to say you sailed her when very few have.

I'm also expecting some bugs to be worked out, it is a brand new ship, bound to be some problems.

When we booked on the weekend the prices weren't that bad, and the itenary looks amazing, only one sea day though.

Being on a maiden voyage is really about the novelty of it and bragging rights.  There might be some maiden voyage merch or special events, but I'm not sure I would book it just for that.

Not to talk you out of a maiden voyage, but there can be some elements either still being developed or worked on.  As an example, sometimes not all the entertainment (i.e. shows ) is available on a maiden voyage.

Being on a maiden voyage is really about the novelty of it and bragging rights. There might be some maiden voyage merch or special events, but I'm not sure I would book it just for that.

Not to talk you out of a maiden voyage, but there can be some elements either still being developed or worked on. As an example, sometimes not all the entertainment (i.e. shows ) is available on a maiden voyage.

Basically what I wanted to say but allot more eloquent :)

It's just a rumor but I did hear the build was ahead of schedule, unlike last time. So maybe there won't be many issues, fingers crossed.

I guess this just adds to the character of a maiden voyage.

Being on a maiden voyage is really about the novelty of it and bragging rights.  There might be some maiden voyage merch or special events, but I'm not sure I would book it just for that.

Not to talk you out of a maiden voyage, but there can be some elements either still being developed or worked on.  As an example, sometimes not all the entertainment (i.e. shows ) is available on a maiden voyage.

I think it may be like buying a first year model of a car. You have a lot to brag about, if it all goes right.

I guess I'm a coward, but getting on the Symphony requires going to Miami. I have to believe that will be an expensive and busy port to stay and maneuver around in. I would like to hear how it differs from Ft Lauderdale of Port Canaveral. I fly in from VT so it's going to cost more to fly into Miami also. It just all sounds like it'll be more costly than other ports for folks flying in.

I guess I'm a coward, but getting on the Symphony requires going to Miami. I have to believe that will be an expensive and busy port to stay and maneuver around in. 

Don't forget there are many other airports in Florida that make driving to PortMiami very easy to get to, and far less expensive.

That maiden voyage was really tempting to me for all of Jerel's reasons, but I considered the itinerary and the ship. I wouldn't want to leave the ship! I also wouldn't want to miss out on the ports of call.

When we do a similar Western Med itinerary, I want to do it on a Radiance or Voyager Class and hot some of the things I haven't hit before in Italy for example.

dejagatkins,

I fly from Dallas/Fort Worth for all of my cruises, not as far as you but close. About 95% of the time I fly to FLL because Miami always seems to be about $100 or more. The problem is the transfers. When you fly directly to Miami, the transfer from airport to port is $15 each way, from Fort Lauderdale the transfer is $35 each way. You have to weigh that in to your decision of what airport to fly in to. 

Candie