Post cruise survey question regarding request for positive ratings

Peter D

6 hours ago, Cruisingmama said:

Here are a few of my questions:

When you rate a service, be it MDR/MTD, windjammer, bar, guest services - How does Royal know which staff member to reward/warn if you don't give a name attached to said rating.

Maybe MDR is not a good example because you get same servers every night, but MTD/windjammer - what I always choose, may give you same servers and may not. This assuming of course that each survey has a unique link that identifies survey to guest. And I have had multiple MTD/Windjammer staff "remind me" of the survey.

Another question I have: If you rate the food quality less than 10 but service 10 - do they still get reprimanded? Maybe just the manger or perhaps this goes to the chef/cooks or staff responsible for procurement? I've had wonderful interactions with managers at dining venues where food was less than expected but I did not attribute this to the staff I interacted with. More of food quality/selection issues. I'm always hesitant to give poor ratings which would hopefully have RCCL strive to improve because I don't want the wonderful crew to miss out on otherwise well earned opportunities.

If anyone has any good information on this please share. I always fill out the survey and make sure I mention everyone's names who I had positive interaction with. I feel they deserve it and it's the least I could do (other than tip a little extra at the end).

Surveys are not anonymous.  They know who each respondent is.  They track which servers in the MDR were assigned to your table.  When you answer the survey questions about the MDR it is directly reflecting on the MDR waitstaff who served you.  Same with your cabin attendant.  Any survey questions about your cabin will reflect directly on your specific cabin attendant.  

On 8/31/2022 at 4:19 AM, teddy said:

At our first dinner this cruise, the head waiter told us that they strive for 10 out of 10 and asked us to immediately let him know if anything didn’t meet that standard so it could be corrected on the spot. 

it will be interesting to see if/how the post cruise survey is brought up on our last night. 

I think this is a good way to phrase it. Lays out their standards and hopes and leaves room both for less than that and an opportunity to bring it back up again. Phrased like that, it's clear to everyone there are high stakes *and* it doesn't beg for anything. It requests you give them the opportunity to meet the standard. I think that's very fair. 

On 8/28/2022 at 3:13 PM, ChessE4 said:

I am usually reminded that the survey is important without reference to particular ratings. It's  been several years since MDR staff told us they strive for 10-level service.

This is my experience. I am reminded how important is is to fill the survey out, but not to give a specific rating. Nor have I been asked to include a name on the survey, but I have has staff say my name is XXXXX and hold up there name tag.

12 hours ago, twangster said:

Surveys are not anonymous.  They know who each respondent is.  They track which servers in the MDR were assigned to your table.  When you answer the survey questions about the MDR it is directly reflecting on the MDR waitstaff who served you.  Same with your cabin attendant.  Any survey questions about your cabin will reflect directly on your specific cabin attendant.  

Thanks. What about the windjammer? I've had windjammer staff ask me to complete the survey but I don't see how this could be linked to me/them?