Cozumel

Safemike1

We love taking a cab to Paradise Beach and staying there for the day. Last time we swam with the dolphins at Chankanaab, but we didn't really have time to explore and enjoy the rest of what they offer. We're going to go back there next time. DH and I have also dived with Dive Cozumel. We've never done a Royal Caribbean excursion at Cozumel.

you can search the forums which is a really handy tool, pages and pages of ideas and discussion already out there.  I would solidly recommend that you do NOT take the ferry to the mainland.  very choppy stretch of water, not on a reliable timetable, just invites too many opportunities for a problem to arise and there are a lot of great things to do in cozumel, some of the best snorkeling and relatively shallow water diving in the world along their wall reefs, some great resorts with day options, downtown shopping options, mayan ruins on the island.  i'm very happy making a day of it on cozumel herself, staying on the mainland in Cancun or Tulum or anywhere in between is a whole other trip imo 

On 8/28/2022 at 7:16 AM, ChessE4 said:

If you can handle ferry to mainland,  I recommend Amazing Secret River, a wet hike through caves, or Tulum.

The ferry takes 45 minutes to an hour one way. If the water is rough or choppy, there will be a LOT of folks who get seasick. Have to look at what time you get into port and what time back on-board time is and plan accordingly. 😎