Some random thoughts about my recent cruise on Wonder

karl_nj

Some random thoughts about my recent cruise on Wonder of the Seas (7 night Western Med)

• Most comfortable bed i’ve had on an royal carribean ship in a long time.  Almost too soft for me, but way better then the rocks they have on Anthem
  • This was my 4th cruise post “restart” — things are finally feeling “normal”, and I didn’t notice any staffing issues.  Perhaps it’s because it’s a new ship and they are staffed with their best employees?  It was night and day compared to my cruise on Anthem during Christmas.  Staff was overwhelmed on that cruise
  • Was fun to be an American on a ship that was so focused on passengers from Spain and the UK.  MDR menu even had a rotating pie and a curry on the menu every night.

13 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Did you utilize, and if so, what were your thoughts on the enclosed solarium?

I didn't spend a lot of time there (port intensive itinerary).  It seemed very nice, but i'm also used to the enclosed solarium on Anthem (I sail on Anthem fairly frequently since I live in NJ).  The one time I sat there for an extended period of time I felt a little warm and ended up going elsewhere, but this was the Med in August so I guess that isn't super surprising.  But other times the temp seemed very pleasant in there.

18 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

I didn't spend a lot of time there (port intensive itinerary).  It seemed very nice, but i'm also used to the enclosed solarium on Anthem (I sail on Anthem fairly frequently since I live in NJ).  The one time I sat there for an extended period of time I felt a little warm and ended up going elsewhere, but this was the Med in August so I guess that isn't super surprising.  But other times the temp seemed very pleasant in there.

Thank you, we have had no exposure to this type of Solarium, but have Wonder booked next sumer from PC.  This area is the one thing that the entire party is curious about.

28 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Thank you, we have had no exposure to this type of Solarium, but have Wonder booked next sumer from PC.  This area is the one thing that the entire party is curious about.

We love the enclosed Solarium on Wonder. Have been on her twice so far. We end up spending at least part of the day there, and with the Solarium Bistro and (mostly) no children under 16, there's great food nearby and it can be the most peaceful part of the ship. It was quite hot there one day in the Mediterranean, but otherwise, usually comfortably warm+.

1 hour ago, karl_nj said:

Some random thoughts about my recent cruise on Wonder of the Seas (7 night Western Med)

• Most comfortable bed i’ve had on an royal carribean ship in a long time.  Almost too soft for me, but way better then the rocks they have on Anthem
  • This was my 4th cruise post “restart” — things are finally feeling “normal”, and I didn’t notice any staffing issues.  Perhaps it’s because it’s a new ship and they are staffed with their best employees?  It was night and day compared to my cruise on Anthem during Christmas.  Staff was overwhelmed on that cruise
  • Was fun to be an American on a ship that was so focused on passengers from Spain and the UK.  MDR menu even had a rotating pie and a curry on the menu every night.

Agree about the beds - super comfortable - and staffing. The announcements could go on quite a while - always in 2 and sometimes in 3 languages, but hey, there were people from 80 countries on board, so could have gone on lots lots longer!

2 hours ago, Zurc said:

Did you embark in Barcelona or Rome?  If Rome, what time did the disembarkation begin?  Trying to plan pickup time from the port to Airport  Thanks!

Rome.  Ship arrived at 7am.  Disembarkation started at 7:30am for guest taking their own luggage off the ship/suite guests.  8am was the first luggage tag group, 9am was the last luggage tag group, they called the 8am groups at around 7:50am.

7 hours ago, karl_nj said:

Rome.  Ship arrived at 7am.  Disembarkation started at 7:30am for guest taking their own luggage off the ship/suite guests.  8am was the first luggage tag group, 9am was the last luggage tag group, they called the 8am groups at around 7:50am.

Thanks, this info is very helpful !

On 8/27/2022 at 9:51 AM, TXcruzer said:

I didn’t think I’d like a fully enclosed solarium but ended up loving it on Wonder. We’re on Odyssey in October for Holy Land/Greece and looking forward to her enclosed solarium 

26 minutes ago, Jill said:

I didn’t think I’d like a fully enclosed solarium but ended up loving it on Wonder. We’re on Odyssey in October for Holy Land/Greece and looking forward to her enclosed solarium 

Yeah, I don't think there are really any negatives about it.  There is good air circulation, so it doesn't have a strong Chlorene smell, or anything like that.  And I don't think it's any louder than the solarium on the other ships.