pre cruise testing requirements for ships sailing from Italy to Greece

• AshleyDillo changed the title to pre cruise testing requirements for ships sailing from Italy to Greece
8 minutes ago, Linda R said:

It is Greece that has sets these rules.  Not RC

I am also sailing from Italy to Greece next month for 2 weeks.  I sure wish I did not have to take the test.  As will have to do it in Venice in our hotel. The 4 days before cruise we are in Venice.

We’re on odyssey in October. I’m praying Greece lifts the testing requirement. 

I noticed the protocols also said 48 hours for rapid and 72 for PCR. I’m hoping that’s a mistake and it’s still 2 DAYS and 3 DAYS. 

Haven’t bothered to investigate that yet. 

Ok so if it is 48 and 72 hours, what time do we use? Our boarding time? Departure time? 

What if I test on the East Coast (Florida) 11:00am 2 days before? That’s 5:00pm Italy time. Departure is 5:00. Does that work? 

So confusing and I don’t want to fly all the way to Italy and test there. Would suck if we popped a positive test. 

86F0D040-0FD8-4E1C-8701-DADC0A631BFD.png

On 8/28/2022 at 3:21 PM, Jill said:

Ok so if it is 48 and 72 hours, what time do we use?

From everything that i have read, it's still 2 or 3 days. The time doesn't really matter. If I'm wrong, somebody here will correct me.

Happy Cruising!

5 hours ago, FManke said:

From everything that i have read, it's still 2 or 3 days. The time doesn't really matter. If I'm wrong, somebody here will correct me.

Happy Cruising!

The screenshot above though has it in hours. I have a question in to Royal through Facebook messenger and still waiting for official word. I asked Sunday and they said it could be a day or so before they got back to me. Yesterday they messaged me and said they hadn’t forgotten me lol 

4 hours ago, Jill said:

The screenshot above though has it in hours. I have a question in to Royal through Facebook messenger and still waiting for official word. I asked Sunday and they said it could be a day or so before they got back to me. Yesterday they messaged me and said they hadn’t forgotten me lol 

I'll be eager to hear what they say. We'll be on Brilliance on Oct 9th out of Venice (Ravenna).

Happy Cruising!

I am curious if anyone has experience with the required testing for those who are not "up to date" prior to each disembarking to Greece during each stop of the cruise.  I am curious if the US Govt supplied testing kits or other OTC antigen or PCR testing kits can be brought with on the cruise to perform the test in lieu of the $55 RCCL test. 

On a tangent, I have my 2 covid shots and 1 booster.  Per the CDC I am not allowed to have any additional shots due to my 29 years of age and not at high risk.  I had the last of my shots over 270 days ago, so per RCCL (or is it per EMA or Greece?) I am not considered "up to date", but I have no path to becoming "up to date" due to CDC guidelines.  I also researched the EMA website, they state that "there is no clear evidence to support giving a second booster dose to people below 60 years of age who are not at higher risk of severe disease".  It seems as though that even through EMA guidance I have no path to becoming "up to date" either.  Seems like I am stuck with doing this test prior to each disembarking in Greece since it is impossible through both CDC and EMA to become "up to date", is this how you guys see it also? 

Also interesting to note, the CDC says anyone 18-49 years of age is considered "Up to Date immediately after 3rd dose". 

References below. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fvaccines%2Fbooster-shot.html

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/ecdc-ema-update-recommendations-additional-booster-doses-mrna-covid-19-vaccines#:~:text=The European Centre for Disease,high risk of severe disease.

On 9/1/2022 at 10:23 AM, rsanders said:

I am curious if anyone has experience with the required testing for those who are not "up to date" prior to each disembarking to Greece during each stop of the cruise.  I am curious if the US Govt supplied testing kits or other OTC antigen or PCR testing kits can be brought with on the cruise to perform the test in lieu of the $55 RCCL test. 

On a tangent, I have my 2 covid shots and 1 booster.  Per the CDC I am not allowed to have any additional shots due to my 29 years of age and not at high risk.  I had the last of my shots over 270 days ago, so per RCCL (or is it per EMA or Greece?) I am not considered "up to date", but I have no path to becoming "up to date" due to CDC guidelines.  I also researched the EMA website, they state that "there is no clear evidence to support giving a second booster dose to people below 60 years of age who are not at higher risk of severe disease".  It seems as though that even through EMA guidance I have no path to becoming "up to date" either.  Seems like I am stuck with doing this test prior to each disembarking in Greece since it is impossible through both CDC and EMA to become "up to date", is this how you guys see it also? 

Also interesting to note, the CDC says anyone 18-49 years of age is considered "Up to Date immediately after 3rd dose". 

References below. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fvaccines%2Fbooster-shot.html

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/ecdc-ema-update-recommendations-additional-booster-doses-mrna-covid-19-vaccines#:~:text=The European Centre for Disease,high risk of severe disease.

Re: additional testing for those not up to date. 

I have asked this question numerous times in several odyssey Facebook groups and at least 6 people who were not up to date were NOT tested to get off in Greece. 

No one responded that they were tested. 

In other words it appears Royal is not testing. Protocols say you “may” need additional testing. 

Maybe it’s based off numbers onboard. If there’s a certain percentage not up to date maybe that’s when testing might be used. 

I’m not boosted and no one in our party of 6 are boosted and have no plans on becoming boosted before our October cruise that sails to Greece. I’m done with Covid. I’ve had it and I’m vaccinated. 

43 minutes ago, Jill said:

I have asked this question numerous times in several odyssey Facebook groups and at least 6 people who were not up to date were NOT tested to get off in Greece. 

In other words it appears Royal is not testing. Protocols say you “may” need additional testing. 

I’m not boosted and no one in our party of 6 are boosted and have no plans on becoming boosted before our October cruise that sails to Greece. I’m done with Covid. I’ve had it and I’m vaccinated. 

If you’re fully vaccinated

The following requirements for entry to Greece apply regardless of your vaccination status, and apply to all travellers.

Precise rules are subject to change and you should follow any instructions given on arrival at immigration or airport testing facilities. For more information, check the Greek authorities’ advice.

Passengers arriving in Greece do not need to show a proof of COVID vaccination, a negative COVID test, or a certificate of recovery from COVID. You do not need to complete a Passenger Locator Form (PLF).

Travellers are still required to wear a mask on public transport.

If you’re not fully vaccinated

The requirements for entry to Greece apply to all travellers, regardless of vaccination status. Precise rules are subject to change and you should follow any instructions given on arrival at immigration or airport testing facilities. For more information, check the Greek authorities’ advice.

Passengers arriving in Greece do not need to show a proof of COVID vaccination, a negative COVID test, or a certificate of recovery from COVID. You do not need to complete a Passenger Locator Form (PLF).

Children and young people

The measures to enter Greece apply to all travellers including children.

If you’re transiting through Greece

International passengers wishing to transit through airports in Greece are not required to carry negative COVID-19 tests or present a vaccination certificate. These measures are subject to change. You should check what is required for entry at your final destination with your travel operator and relevant authorities.

Exemptions

There are no exemptions to the entry requirements for Greece.

Basically what the above says is that Greece has binned all regulations! Doesn't matter if your vaccinated or not everyone is the same...no testing

On 9/4/2022 at 2:18 PM, Ray said:

If you’re fully vaccinated

The following requirements for entry to Greece apply regardless of your vaccination status, and apply to all travellers.

Precise rules are subject to change and you should follow any instructions given on arrival at immigration or airport testing facilities. For more information, check the Greek authorities’ advice.

If you’re not fully vaccinated

The requirements for entry to Greece apply to all travellers, regardless of vaccination status. Precise rules are subject to change and you should follow any instructions given on arrival at immigration or airport testing facilities. For more information, check the Greek authorities’ advice.

Children and young people

The measures to enter Greece apply to all travellers including children.

If you’re transiting through Greece

International passengers wishing to transit through airports in Greece are not required to carry negative COVID-19 tests or present a vaccination certificate. These measures are subject to change. You should check what is required for entry at your final destination with your travel operator and relevant authorities.

Exemptions

There are no exemptions to the entry requirements for Greece.

Basically what the above says is that Greece has binned all regulations! Doesn't matter if your vaccinated or not everyone is the same...no testing

But Royal still says you “may” be tested. It’s ridiculous. I asked through Facebook messenger and they still said I may be tested. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 8:26 AM, FManke said:

I'll be eager to hear what they say. We'll be on Brilliance on Oct 9th out of Venice (Ravenna).

Happy Cruising!

I will also be on Brilliance on Oct 9th, then Oct 16th for back to back..

I am not sure if testing is still required by next month... no word yet that the Greece requirement will change.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Rova said:

Just received an email from Royal - no testing required for 9 nights or less sailings departing from or visiting Greece -  for up-to-date guests.

image.thumb.jpeg.63136ffd1d01510416c1822b266c4ef5.jpeg

Just got this as well and confirm test no longer needed! Hurray!

Happy Cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

just want to ask those who are currently on board the Briliance from Ravenna to Greece.

do you need to pre test if you are fully vaccinated?

i’ve received a salings checklist and it says pre cruise testing is needed

thank you for a reply,

rafe