Port Canaveral on Monday warning due to rocket launch traffic

Matt

• Matt changed the title to Port Canaveral on Monday warning due to rocket launch traffic
9 hours ago, Matt said:

I've never been so happy to have a noon check-in time. I hope I'll be heading over to the coast well after the launch and worst of the traffic hits.

Lol! I'm thrilled to be in canaveral during such an important and exciting event 😀

I  hope you enjoy cruise.  I plan to enjoy watching the big candle leave for the moon 🌙 

🙃

9 hours ago, Matt said:

I've never been so happy to have a noon check-in time. I hope I'll be heading over to the coast well after the launch and worst of the traffic hits.

Btw launch window is from 8:33 to 10:33.

The backup windows are September 2 at 12:48pm to 2:48pm and September 5 at 5:12pm to 7:12pm

So, if Monday's launch is delayed,  those are the other times that will be busy

Quick question about parking at cape canaveral. What’s  the best choice there , the parking garage for the cruise line or the parkportcanaveral.com option. I’m going on week long wonder cruise  in December and driving in. Trying to decide which option is cheapest/most convenient based on others experience. Thanks 

The revised launch date is now September 3, 2:17-4:17pm.  This is a surprise since it was not one of the pre-published launch windows, but that's official.

According to cruisemapper.com, Mariner of the Seas, Carnival Mardi Gras, Disney Fantasy and Carnival Freedom will be in port that day.  Add in a holiday weekend, and it will be very busy.

On the other hand, if you are on one of these ships, do everything you can to be on deck at 2:17pm and you might see an incredible show!

• 3 weeks later...