Cruise Testing

marwest98

Boy, I just did my proctured test for an Alaskan cruise/precruise tour.   What a job and I have to do it two more times!!  Once to get on the ship and then again to go into Canada.  I am beginning to feel that those people who are vaccinated are really getting 'screwed' with all the protocal changes the unvaccinated certainly seem to have it much easier.  This is NOT fun.  I was at least hoping to be able to forget testing for the pre-cruise part.  Not sure at this point why I bothered getting vaccinated and getting two boosters.  Feeling taken advantage of.  UGH!!!

5 hours ago, marwest98 said:

This is NOT fun.  I was at least hoping to be able to forget testing for the pre-cruise part.  Not sure at this point why I bothered getting vaccinated and getting two boosters.  Feeling taken advantage of.  UGH!!!

No, testing isn't fun, but getting vaccinated and boosted was the right thing to do to protect your health, the health of those around you, and the general public.  Thanks for doing all that!  Fortunately, things are getting better....have a great cruise.

3 hours ago, IzzyB said:

Also, why do you need to test again at port?  My understanding is only unvaccinated test at port to get on ship.

The cruisetours are handled a little differently. I don't even think they have the details on the website on what the requirements are, but my understanding is that you have to have a negative test prior to the precruise land tour portion and then you have to also meet whatever requirements there are to sail on the cruise, so they have to test again before the cruise. The precruise tour will make sure everything is taken care of with respect to that.

When Canada is involved, there's a lot more hoops to jump through. The cruisetours have a one-way Alaskan cruise involved, so they start or end in Canadal.

7 hours ago, marwest98 said:

Boy, I just did my proctured test for an Alaskan cruise/precruise tour.   What a job and I have to do it two more times!!  Once to get on the ship and then again to go into Canada.  I am beginning to feel that those people who are vaccinated are really getting 'screwed' with all the protocal changes the unvaccinated certainly seem to have it much easier.  This is NOT fun.  I was at least hoping to be able to forget testing for the pre-cruise part.  Not sure at this point why I bothered getting vaccinated and getting two boosters.  Feeling taken advantage of.  UGH!!!

This is sarcasm, right?         Right?

7 hours ago, marwest98 said:

I feel your frustration.  I think they should have done  away with the pre-your testing since all of that was in Alaska. I get why you have the testing prior to the cruise due to Canada.  I thought once you tested to board you don’t need an additional test for Canada. If that’s true God bless you. That is an awful lot of testing considering the rest of the market is loosening up testing/restrictions.