Are rooms 12600 & 12598 on Wonder of Seas really mid-ship?

xps15z

I didn't do an exact count on this floor, but isn't there about 104 rooms from end to end in a single row? So to actually be in the middle would be 40-50 range right? Am I being tricked by a TA in that 12600 and 12598 is mid-ship or is it more at the end of Aft? I did a back of the ship balcony last time on Symphony for the first time ever and vowed never to do that again. Preferred not to be rocking while trying to go asleep.

2 hours ago, xps15z said:

I didn't do an exact count on this floor, but isn't there about 104 rooms from end to end in a single row? So to actually be in the middle would be 40-50 range right? Am I being tricked by a TA in that 12600 and 12598 is mid-ship or is it more at the end of Aft? I did a back of the ship balcony last time on Symphony for the first time ever and vowed never to do that again. Preferred not to be rocking while trying to go asleep.

Those rooms are closer to the front elevators than the rear elevators so pretty solidly mid ship.  However, if  rocking in bed is your concern, you might want to go with a lower deck!

3 hours ago, xps15z said:

The esasiest way to understand the official location is to do a mock booking....pick a booking date out in the future where it may not be full yet and see if that cabin falls under the mid ship cabins.

Absolute midship and the pivot point of the ship may not be exactly the same on different decks as different decks are different lengths and not every deck is exactly centered forward or aft on the hull of the ship relative to the waterline.  The Central Park living wall appears to be roughly near center forward/aft.  Deck plans are not aligned to each other as they are not architectural diagrams for engineering purposes rather consumer friendly diagrams for the purpose of understanding cabin types on the ship.  

Here is a deck 12 guestimate based on estimating the center based on lower decks closer to the water line not shown here.  Note the bridge is on this deck so they have cut this forward area out of the deck 12 diagram.

image.thumb.jpeg.6eb8bbfb42f1bd9521cc2f29406f44b6.jpeg

12600 and 12598 are forward of center.