Royal App - should everyone have their own ID?

I recently put the Royal app on my phone as another step in getting ready for my December cruise.  I logged in with my ID and it's the only one for the family.  I've always handled my wife and kids stuff through my account.

Now with logging into this app on the phone, I'd like everyone in the family to be able to do the same on their phones so they can see schedules, maps, etc.

Should I create accounts for everyone to log in themselves, or can everyone log on to their phones with my account?

1 hour ago, ultimate_ed said:

I recently put the Royal app on my phone as another step in getting ready for my December cruise.  I logged in with my ID and it's the only one for the family.  I've always handled my wife and kids stuff through my account.

Now with logging into this app on the phone, I'd like everyone in the family to be able to do the same on their phones so they can see schedules, maps, etc.

Should I create accounts for everyone to log in themselves, or can everyone log on to their phones with my account?

For me, the Royal App account information was the same as the Crown and Anchor information.  A spouse would have a separate CAS account and unique password and email associated with it.  However, I can check in my wife and son on my account if they are on my reservation or one linked to me.  I usually handle the check-in for the family, book items on cruise planner, etc.  My wife wants her App/CAS account for doing the muster and using the App before or during the cruise.

At some point kids reach an age when they can manage their own account, but that is a judgment call by the parent.

As ChessE4 noted above, the Crown & Anchor information should allow each individual to log in on their own, but one person can do pretty much everything for all reservations that are linked. 

My wife & I, being Diamond members and therefore each getting 24 hours of internet access per voyage, typically log in separately so that we can each check our individual email accounts (and text our friends to ensure that they're properly jealous). 

It’s best for each adult to login separately using the same information they’d use on the Royal Caribbean site.  Of course for children, they may not have personal e-mail yet, so you can see theirs on your device.  

also I’d print out all your documentation since it’ll be easier to show that than scroll through phones and worry about dead spots in service.

• 9 months later...
On 8/27/2022 at 5:47 AM, karl_nj said:

You have to be 13 in order to have an RCL/Celebrity login.

Was a bit annoying when I wanted to be able to use the RCL/Celebrity app onboard to use the chat function to communicate with my daughter last summer on Celebrity Edge, since she was 12 at the time.

What did you end up doing to be able to communicate with your 12 year old daughter?  Having a similar challenge with my 11 year old son -- was planning to use the RC app for him to have messaging, but I can't create an account for him.

On 8/27/2022 at 5:47 AM, karl_nj said:

You have to be 13 in order to have an RCL/Celebrity login.

Was a bit annoying when I wanted to be able to use the RCL/Celebrity app onboard to use the chat function to communicate with my daughter last summer on Celebrity Edge, since she was 12 at the time.

We found this annoying as well, but it seems to be the guidelines from the FTC in the United States: https://www.ftc.gov/legal-library/browse/rules/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule-coppa

2 hours ago, AaronFL said:

What did you end up doing to be able to communicate with your 12 year old daughter?  Having a similar challenge with my 11 year old son -- was planning to use the RC app for him to have messaging, but I can't create an account for him.

I logged my son into my account when he was 12 and we were just both logged in with the same account on different devices - it didn't mess anything up. I just told him not to change or add anything. He could just use it to see the schedule, hours, map, etc...