How does check in and testing work at NJ pier?

ksenese

Typically the unvaxed kids have gone to a seperate line for check in-when you arrive find the "loud guy with the bullhorn" (assuming he is still working there) and inquire....or go to the guy who checks the setsail passes for entry time and inquire as to where you need to go.  (I think he's nicer)
I do not know if they allow an earlier entry for them to process, the vaxxed passengers have been held to their boarding time (unless the staff run early).
In your case I might advise you to go a little earlier to get into the processing, understanding that they may not allow you in . Maybe 12:30?  That would mean drop off luggage, go park, walk back and try to enter about 12:30.  If they dont allow you in then it would be a short wait.You can try for earlier-maybe 12 or so but "loud guy with bullhorn" can be snarky (when you expect the snarky it's not so bad)
I believe I had read the kids testing area can take up to 45 minutes-
All this is said assuming the unvax must still test at the pier to cruise

Have original vax cards handy, as well as all the government ID  you need.

2 hours ago, ksenese said:

What test are they giving the kids, a PCR or antigen?  We've all tested obivously, but wanted to know what they're using, it doesn't say anywhere.  Thanks for the tips on snarky and such, VERY helpful!

I do not recall the test type. I do know when we went to test onboard due to Covid symptoms it was a PCR test.  Sorry I cannot be of better assistance

Thanks all for the info.  I'm going to leave some extra time, hopefully all of this extra stuff goes OK.  Have everything in a pic on my phone; vac cards, Bermuda auth, PCRs.  Should I bring hardcopies, do they need?  Or are they just eyeballing of this paperwork (as my spouse would say)?    

I miss the old cruise days for sure!!!

9 minutes ago, ksenese said:

Thanks all for the info.  I'm going to leave some extra time, hopefully all of this extra stuff goes OK.  Have everything in a pic on my phone; vac cards, Bermuda auth, PCRs.  Should I bring hardcopies, do they need?  Or are they just eyeballing of this paperwork (as my spouse would say)?    

I miss the old cruise days for sure!!!

Up until June when I sailed they wanted actual phyiscal vax cards.....I do not know if that policy has changed.
The Covid Test results and setsail pass can be on your phone. (personally I print, as it is so much easier for me than fumbling wtih my phone) -I wrtie the name of each person at the top of the paper and do a stack by person.  I later use the paper as scrap in the cabin.

15 minutes ago, ksenese said:

Question, Bermuda's auth says PCR up to 4 days and antigen up to 2.  Someone is now telling me RC says 2 for both.  Our PCRs are 3 days.  Will I have a problem?

click onthe health button inthe Royal app and it will tell you what you need.
They've changed so much inthese past 2 weeks...I know my cruise this weekend (not to Bermuda) was a 3 day window to test but my Canada cruise in mid September going to Canada is a 2 day window to test.
Bermuda has it's own rules, Royal has it's own rules.
I