Four Negative Test Results

teddy

I’d like to think this is the last time we have to jump through this particular hoop to board a ship, but we’re cruising to Canada in October. 

….but for now….We’re all negative for our Sunday cruise!!

(I figure people here will get it. No one at my work seems to understand why I’m so happy)

51 minutes ago, teddy said:

I’d like to think this is the last time we have to jump through this particular hoop to board a ship, but we’re cruising to Canada in October. 

(I figure people here will get it. No one at my work seems to understand why I’m so happy)

I feel your joy! We received three negative test today too! Our first cruise since COVID.  I truly can’t imagine having suitcases packed and getting a positive.  I would be heartbroken. 

5 hours ago, teddy said:

Going out of Bayonne? I’ll be on Oct 13

On 8/25/2022 at 3:55 PM, teddy said:

I hear ya. Thursday we get tested for our 9/4 cruise...one day...one day...and we wouldn't have had to do it. LOL

On 8/25/2022 at 3:40 PM, Ndfan89 said:

I feel your joy! We received three negative test today too! Our first cruise since COVID.  I truly can’t imagine having suitcases packed and getting a positive.  I would be heartbroken. 

Our January cruise was right in the middle Omicron. I didn't even get the suitcases out until we got our negative results!

On 8/27/2022 at 10:02 PM, Okgladgal said:

Our January cruise was right in the middle Omicron. I didn't even get the suitcases out until we got our negative results!

We were on Allure for an 8 day in mid January...Omicron still running strong...amazing good fortune, the day we boarded NO positives on the crew and where ports were omitted on the past three cruises we hit all 4 ports.

Testing in about 12 hours and since they moved the time back out to 72 hours it gives us that extra time to pack before we fly. 

I went to a place called SameDayHealth that if you have insurance gives free for you PCR tests while you wait in your car. They told us it could take up to 72 hours for the lab to process the results. We received the results after only 11 hours. It was required for our Bermuda trip. Fortunately Bermuda does not have many covid cases.

On 8/25/2022 at 3:55 PM, teddy said:

My wife tested first and was negative.  I felt all the pressure was on me to cruise/no cruise!

On 9/1/2022 at 9:36 AM, KevinJ said:

My son and I just finished our EMED proctored tests, both negative. It's amazing just how stressful it still is as you wait. Next just need to get to NJ and board Oasis. I need to order new tests, need them for our Canada cruise in October. 

How many Emed tests do you need? I have two left that I won't be able to use before they expire. (Nov 6, 2022)

I'd rather just give them to someone on this site that needs them instead of throwing them away.

UPDATE: The two tests have been requested by and sent to another blog member with a Canadian port stop.