Crown Loft

JNS123

Stayed in one of these on the Symphony in 2019. We will do you one better, we had 3 children with us in the room for a total of five people in room. They were 7,5, almost 17 months at the time. The baby we had upstairs in the loft with us, in the changing area right in front of the bed. The room worked perfectly. Though nervous at first it proved many times more convenient than the Grand Suite we had done with the same size family on Allure the summer before. In contrast to the Grand Suite it feels open and roomy. The curtains of the loft close providing separation between us and the older children. The TWO bathrooms are key with four or more people in a room. The deep, large, balcony is basically the best view and highest perch on the ship! The location of the suite was absolutely perfect even though at first I thought it would be a hassle.  We were steps from the suite lounge/Coastal Kitchen and all of the amenities that brings with it, we were a few floors above the windjammer, and the pool deck was also conveniently located. With our children being the age that they were it was easy access for quick dips or night swimming which they made a nightly ritual. Finally, right outside the suite floor doors you have an elevator bank that provides quick access to the main entertainment decks of the ship. Don't worry about being too high and about long elevator waits on port days, as you know from having stayed in the Royal Loft Suite, the concierges provide express elevator rides to exit on port days! 

Fear not! Book it! Don't even think about the Grand Suite!! Now that the vaccine reqs were thankfully (mostly) rescinded we booked a 2BR GS on Harmony August 2023. While we'd love the crown loft again we can't fit it now that we are SIX!!! 

3 hours ago, JNS123 said:

Can anyone give me your opinion on 4 people staying in a Crown Loft?  I just want to see if the majority of people think it is a good choice of a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids). Thanks.

I had similar concerns, but in reality my two children are adults. I do know that you can request a rollaway in this room but those often are not very comfortable, especially for adults

We decided to go a different way, we purchased an inflatable air mattress. It’s only a twin size but it is extremely thick and bears weight up to 300 pounds.

We sail on Sunday. I’ve already requested from our suite concierge to have extra bedding and mattress padding, for comfort, for the inflatable. They’ve already confirmed our request and will have the linens ready.

3 hours ago, JNS123 said:

Can anyone give me your opinion on 4 people staying in a Crown Loft?  I just want to see if the majority of people think it is a good choice of a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids). Thanks.

I think it's a good choice. The couch turns into a double bed in those, so the children would be sharing that. They may provide a rollaway if you ask if you absolutely need separate beds.  

i never would have thought of the air mattress, @CALFROM! that's a great idea.

we are a family of three and have stayed in a crown loft before -- it is ample room for us (three adult travelers) and keeps everyone centrally located. we had other family that got the CL next to us and we were able to keep centrally located with CK, pool deck, insulated away from most of the masses involved on a 6K passenger cruise. (A nice perk as the crowds can get overwhelming at times.)

to date, it remains one of my favorite cabins on the oasis class ships. the views are unbeatable, the two bathrooms are incredible, and the layout is fantastic. you get all the benefits of sky class suites (free/included voom for all, priority boarding, all day CK access and more) which isn't possible with two connecting balcony rooms -- if you're looking to duplicate the second bathroom thing.

would highly recommend if you are comfortable with it from a financial standpoint -- we've always loved it and had a wonderful time. also gets you special access at labadee with the beach, which was sooooo nice. free beach chair/toy/float rentals etc.

We had a Crown Loft (2 adults 2 kids) and got a rollaway bed as well for our Symphony 3/2022 cruise. It was a good choice, we normally get connecting balconies , but splurged for this cruise. The 2nd bathroom was nice to have. No complaints. Also enjoyed coastal kitchen for breakfast and sun suite deck on sea days as well

• 10 months later...

I wanted to get some feedback on privacy of the loft.  I am in a crown loft suite.  My brother went ahead and splurged and booked a crown loft suite too.  He never splurges!  Anyway, his inlaws are in a ocean view cabin.  They paid for their cruise as a anniversary gift.   Personally, I feel sort of bad they don't get to enjoy the suite perks.  It got me thinking would 4 adults in a CLS be possible?  I know there is a curtain in the loft, but I don't know if it's see through or not?

They would also be on a sofa bed too so who knows....they may just prefer the ocean view.

Thoughts on this happening?  I don't want to offer the suggestion if it's a bad idea LOL 

1 hour ago, Coda_Sarah said:

I wanted to get some feedback on privacy of the loft.  I am in a crown loft suite.  My brother went ahead and splurged and booked a crown loft suite too.  He never splurges!  Anyway, his inlaws are in a ocean view cabin.  They paid for their cruise as a anniversary gift.   Personally, I feel sort of bad they don't get to enjoy the suite perks.  It got me thinking would 4 adults in a CLS be possible?  I know there is a curtain in the loft, but I don't know if it's see through or not?

They would also be on a sofa bed too so who knows....they may just prefer the ocean view.

Thoughts on this happening?  I don't want to offer the suggestion if it's a bad idea LOL 

Four adults in an L1 loft is doable if you are friendly or close like family.  Sounds travel so while there may be some visual separation every sound will be heard such as talking or snoring.  If the same people were going to be four in a balcony cabin it would be the same issue so four in an L1 as a alternative to four in a balcony is totally doable.  Plus downstairs is a bathroom with a shower so at least you are not sharing a bathroom. 

However as you point out, two moving from a bed in an OV to a sofa bed in an L1 may not be their sort of "upgrade".   

Since there are no doors that separate the living quarters for each couple, that is an issue for privacy concerns. Although the curtain provides some level of privacy, it is not entirely opaque and does not offer complete privacy from the lower level. However, those staying on the upper level have a view of the lower level, which may not be ideal. I  find the sofa bed to be pretty comfortable so I don't mind sleeping on it, but that is just my preference.